Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

LS400 mk3 remote fob - is it a Lexus fob?

Hi, I just wondered if anyone recognizes the remote fob in the pic below? The key is the valet key I think along with the metal 'serial tag' thing but not sure what the fob is or if it's for the Lexus LS400 anyway (this came with the car), I have 2 x 'normal' fobs that I recognize with keys ( which I've I replaced the batteries ) and I've replaced the batteries in the mystery fob which doesn't seem to do anything on the car. There is no mention of this type of fob in the owners manual so it's probably not for my car but wanted to check just in case it's some kind of 'master super duper fob':g:

IMG_0200.thumb.jpg.8837327afb7d184db5510e2e6267dc4f.jpg

I have one of those keys. There is no Battery

I've written down that its a Master Key.  Pattern matches my two keys.

Its a long time ago that I may have read about its use. 

Perhaps it starts the Car but doesn't unlock the Glove box or Boot.    So, when you pass the key to a Doorman to park the Car whilst you enter the Montecarlo Gambling House, he can't  rifle / inspect the contents?

Edited by runsgrateasanut
Apols if you already new this - and it was the other item you were trying to understand- Doh!

32 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

It may have had a secondary system, since removed. Bit like the Hawk set up Steve has installed.

You're probably right, I think it's been left on the keyring and it's for another car or maybe a garage door remote.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, runsgrateasanut said:

I have one of those keys. There is no battery. 

I've written down that its a Master Key.  Pattern matches my two keys.

Its a long time ago that I may have read about its use. 

Perhaps it starts the Car but doesn't unlock the Glove box or Boot.    So, when you pass the key to a Doorman to park the Car whilst you enter the Montecarlo Gambling House, he can't  rifle / inspect the contents?

A Door Lady, last time I was there Stu!

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

A Door Lady, last time I was there Stu!

Not been to Monaco since Schumacker was denied Pole for parking on the Rascasse in 2006 and put to the back of the grid.

Wonderful weather, lousy day spoiled by Germans next to us bitter about the situation, pi**ed and behaving frightingly badly, giving me severe Vertigo as we stood on the Hill path going up to the Palace.  Couldn't see damn all, as Sun was on the large screen opposite. Cars like insects in the distance.

Total waste of time and money. Eldest Son enjoyed it. Oh well!  Personally I was glad to get back to Frejus and the Pool.

39 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

I also have a spare set like that off a 1996 Lexus, got a feeling that it was original fitment but was an aftermarket system used by Lexus.

Thanks Steve, I’m not alone then😃

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links