Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Retrofit of wireless phone charger?

13 hours ago, Don C said:

Honestly, just buy a USB one off Amazon.  It’ll save you a small fortune and do the same job. 

I am thinking of this, but I don't want cables all over the dash, and cannot find one that suits fitting into the central storage box where the genuine Lexus unit sits.  Failing this, I will probably just stick with the cable charger.

My 2016 model does have the wireless charging tray, but it is too small for my Samsung Note 10 Plus to fit. I enquired whether the larger tray from the facelifted model could be fitted, but the price was horrendous (I seem to remember that it was around £700), but involved swapping the tray, some of the fittings, and so some of the cabling.

Having said this, there is a possibility that, while the tray is not fitted to your car, the wiring is already in place and fitting the tray might be doable: a 2018 model would have the larger tray if fitted. I am thinking of the way cruise-control is easily retro-fitted to the CT200h, and it is just a question of adding the stalk.

your dealer should be able to clarify.

Having scoured the market, I have just ordered this:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DDDP1S9/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hoping it will do the job for me and if so, a very cheap fix!  It offer wireless charging for a very reasonable £29.99.

I will let you know how I get on.

Using apple Car Play via a phone connection the Phone is significantly charged so why bother with a Platform.

My Phone Charging Platform that can fit the latest phones has a charge rate of half my Wife's Aygo.

Tel

Well my charger arrived from amazon yesterday and I am happy to say it does exactly what I expected it to.  It fits snugly onto the tray inside the centre console and my phone sits happily on top whilst being charged wirelessly from the unit.  The unit comes with a short cable that I will keep plugged into the USB port, so no need for messing with fiddly cables moving forward.  I do intend to upgrade to apple car play once it is available to us, so even if this is a wireless system, I will still not have to plug cables into my phone each time I want to use it.

Very happy at £29.99 and delivered free