Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Adjusting doors

Delp

There will be in the factory manual, you can access all of the Lexus manuals on a pay per view basis ( one day is only a few pounds compared to £200-300 for the paper copy). Unfortunately I don’t have the link but another member will hopefully chip in with that.

If it is the the trailing edge of the door not aligned (lock end) you can adjust the striker plate on the door pillar by slackening off the securing bolts under the covers. I would suggest using a washable ink sharpie pen to mark the outline of the original position so you can see where it has moved to after adjustment. 

35 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

There will be in the factory manual, you can access all of the Lexus manuals on a pay per view basis ( one day is only a few pounds compared to £200-300 for the paper copy). Unfortunately I don’t have the link but another member will hopefully chip in with that.

If it is the the trailing edge of the door not aligned (lock end) you can adjust the striker plate on the door pillar by slackening off the securing bolts under the covers. I would suggest using a washable ink sharpie pen to mark the outline of the original position so you can see where it has moved to after adjustment. 

Cheers Steve a link would be good for future use. I found this online not sure on how to do it as it mentions using centring bolt instead of standard bolt. Mine need adjusting vertically..

Screenshot_20200520-085934.png

It’s section 3 you need to follow, mark around the striker plate them move it in a couple of mm towards the seats, pre marking with the pen allows you to see how far it has moved for reference. Retighten the bolts and see if the door has closed up enough. It’s a bit of a trial and error job. 

6 hours ago, steve2006 said:

It’s section 3 you need to follow, mark around the striker plate them move it in a couple of mm towards the seats, pre marking with the pen allows you to see how far it has moved for reference. Retighten the bolts and see if the door has closed up enough. It’s a bit of a trial and error job. 

I took the striker plate off and it won't move anymore than what it is. What do they mean by using the other bolt that bit I couldn't understand. Would section 2 and three apply then?