Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H Window Not Staying Up

Hi Folks,

I had Battery issues yesterday which you helped me fix so hoping for the same again today.

The problem yesterday was the Battery was dead and I couldn't get the car to start ( I had assumed the worst and thought it was the car anti-theft system as I had been messing around with the back wheel and putting the car in neutral). 

I called the AA and they came and put a charge on the Battery and it started up straight away.

I let the car run for a while to charge the Battery and took it around the block a few times and I noticed that the drivers window doesn't stay up when I hit the auto close button.

The window will go up to the top and straight back down to the mid position. All other windows operate as they should.

I am guessing this may have something to do with the dead Battery I had yesterday as the window was perfectly fine before that.

Any ideas what caused this and how I fix it?

Cheers, Paul

Hi Folks,
I had battery issues yesterday which you helped me fix so hoping for the same again today.
The problem yesterday was the battery was dead and I couldn't get the car to start ( I had assumed the worst and thought it was the car anti-theft system as I had been messing around with the back wheel and putting the car in neutral). 
I called the AA and they came and put a charge on the battery and it started up straight away.
I let the car run for a while to charge the battery and took it around the block a few times and I noticed that the drivers window doesn't stay up when I hit the auto close button.
The window will go up to the top and straight back down to the mid position. All other windows operate as they should.
I am guessing this may have something to do with the dead battery I had yesterday as the window was perfectly fine before that.
Any ideas what caused this and how I fix it?
Cheers, Paul

It looks like that window needs resetting for one touch to work again.

Ignition on, close the window by continually holding the button, when it reaches the top hold for a few more seconds, you may hear a quiet click.
Then open the window fully using the same process again holding the it down for a few seconds, I generally count to 5.

What you’ve done is “taught” the motor the operating perimeters, it should now work properly

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Jayw13702 said:

Ignition on, close the window by continually holding the button, when it reaches the top hold for a few more seconds, you may hear a quiet click.
Then open the window fully using the same process again holding the it down for a few seconds, I generally count to 5.

What you’ve done is “taught” the motor the operating perimeters, it should now work properly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You learn something new every day!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jayw13702 said:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Worked a treat, thank you Sir! 

• Like 1