Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New to Lexus

TrevAB

Hi, I’m picking up a Lexus 300h F Sport today after after >20years with Honda, I can’t get over how addicted i am, even before collecting it. I’ve spent the last 2 days googling options, I’m not even aware of the full spec yet.

Expect to find a treasure trove of knowledge on here.

Hello and welcome to the LOC.

Lots of things to discover some of which take years to find, had a guy the other day who after owing an LS400 for years had just discovered the mini pull down sun visor above the rear view mirror.

Thinking the engine has stalled you’ll get used to 😀

On 5/20/2020 at 11:32 AM, olliesgrandad said:

Pictures and full description required ASAP please 🔜

I’m struggling to discover the full spec, the Nav system is no where to be found 🤣. Ive used the my Lexus site to set myself up, but the option of Nav system don’t match mine, maybe not all the Nav’s have connected service.

Once i get a chance I’ll get some pics and full spec.

On 5/20/2020 at 11:35 AM, Farqui said:

Welcome to the forum Trevor, what Honda(s) history do you have? 

Hi Farqui,

I started out with a Civic VTi and followed up with Accord Coupé V6, Accord Tourer, S2000, Accord EX.  The V6 was certainly my favourite although he S2000 was a 1999 model that often was question if it was new (Private Plate to hide the age).

• Like 1

On 5/20/2020 at 10:36 AM, scudney said:

Congratulations Trevor and welcome to the LOC,hoping you find the forum educational and informative 🥳👍

I’m lucky i have a few more days annual leave to soak up all the info. Just seen a post about locking your keys in the car. My wife’s managed it before...  Luckily mine don’t seem to allow it.

4 minutes ago, TrevAB said:

Hi Farqui,

I started out with a Civic VTi and followed up with Accord Coupé V6, Accord Tourer, S2000, Accord EX.  The V6 was certainly my favourite although he S2000 was a 1999 model that often was question if it was new (Private Plate to hide the age).

Oh and dare i say it a Honda CBR too, just a 125cc though. Take it Bikers are accepted on here 😬

16 hours ago, TrevAB said:

Oh and dare i say it a Honda CBR too, just a 125cc though. Take it Bikers are accepted on here 😬

Of course they are! I am the lucky owner of CBF1000 myself! 🙂

Welcome to the forum Trevor!

What made you pick the Lexus and not another Honda?

Not too sure about bikers, do Lexus even make them? 😀

Last bike I had was a Kawasaki Z400, got my licence a few days before they introduced the theory and practical test when all we had to do was ride around a certain route and a random guy would step out into the road for the emergency stop.

I started with a Honda Cub C50. Then progressed to a 90 Sports, a CB500-Four. Last bike was a BMW R100RS.

Been thinking of going back to bikes at some point...but which one???

12 hours ago, Vlady said:

Of course they are! I am the lucky owner of CBF1000 myself! 🙂

Welcome to the forum Trevor!

What made you pick the Lexus and not another Honda?

Hi Vlady,

Been pondering a Lexus for some time. Was either a Civic saloon or the Lexus, once i test drove it, it was an easy choice 😀.

I have a Yamaha MT03 16 plate as mine bike at the moment. I had an XJ6, i wouldn’t last 5 mins on a 1lL bike 😳

• Like 1

8 hours ago, J88TEO said:

I started with a Honda Cub C50. Then progressed to a 90 Sports, a CB500-Four. Last bike was a BMW R100RS.

Been thinking of going back to bikes at some point...but which one???

Having had small to medium bikes (50cc to 600cc) I’ve got to say my current Yam MT03 is my favourite, you get to use it’s range and it’s still very nippy. With my XJ6 (Beginners real bike) i found it was really nice but never had chance to use it’s potential. If i had a big bike (1L) I’d lose my license quickly or die trying 🤭

11 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Not too sure about bikers, do Lexus even make them? 😀

Last bike I had was a Kawasaki Z400, got my licence a few days before they introduced the theory and practical test when all we had to do was ride around a certain route and a random guy would step out into the road for the emergency stop.

😀 foolishly i settled for doing the CBT twice so had to do the theory, the 400 Ninja’s are a very nice to look at. But the Naked's are certainly the way to go.

On 5/21/2020 at 5:25 PM, TrevAB said:

Oh and a Honda Del Sol, that was a fun car, miss that one.

9 hours ago, TrevAB said:

Hi Vlady,

Been pondering a Lexus for some time. Was either a Civic saloon or the Lexus, once i test drove it, it was an easy choice 😀.

I have a Yamaha MT03 16 plate as mine bike at the moment. I had an XJ6, i wouldn’t last 5 mins on a 1lL bike 😳

Hondas are good cars, I had a Civic (54 reg),it was spacious and very easy to drive, only if their interiors/dashboard were a little softer and not that cheap!

Regards 1ltr bike, I had Yamaha Thundercat before this Honda and it was wilder even though it had 600cc engine but the horse power is almost identical to Honda. Again, Honda is very easy to ride as the engine is very torquy at lower revs! 

I am thinking of changing it to GS1200 or a Ducati Mulstistrada 1200S, I need to ride both of them and see what they like! 🙂

We still have our 56 plate Honda Legend too, a very very fine car and amazingly rare in the UK it seems .......  129k miles

It was even less expensive for Honda Main Dealer a year or so back than for my indy mechanic ( £40 an hour ) to replace the front discs and pads

He couldn't source the parts at a good price so told me to go get them changed at Honda .....  he's a very honest guy ......  maybe the Main Dealer had them on the shelf and couldn't see whenever he was going to find another buyer for those parts, the cars are so few and far between now

Malc

On 5/23/2020 at 2:26 PM, Malc said:

We still have our 56 plate Honda Legend too, a very very fine car and amazingly rare in the UK it seems .......  129k miles

It was even less expensive for Honda Main Dealer a year or so back than for my indy mechanic ( £40 an hour ) to replace the front discs and pads

He couldn't source the parts at a good price so told me to go get them changed at Honda .....  he's a very honest guy ......  maybe the Main Dealer had them on the shelf and couldn't see whenever he was going to find another buyer for those parts, the cars are so few and far between now

Malc

Nice, there's a legend down the end of my road, never seen it leave the drive but it does look nice.

On 5/22/2020 at 10:01 PM, J88TEO said:

I last rode the Beemer about 20 years ago...the bike got heavier as I got older 🤣

How right you are!  I have had more bikes than cars and that's a lot!!  Most were British but I did use a Yamaha XJ900 to commute to my job in the City (London) for a couple of years.  I missed my bike so much that after being retired for many years I decided to buy another XJ900 (Diversion model).  I rode it home and found it so heavy that it has remained unused in my garage ever since, proof were it needed of bieng young man in the body of an old one.  I did learn a lot about basic motor maintenance through riding and competing in on and off road trials and building a couple of Bitza bikes and as a young man 'in my day' a motor cycle was often a preliminary to owning a car, learning about roadcraft in the process.  Some of my happiest memories are when I belonged to a Motor Cycle Club, our weekly club/pub meetings and taking part in competitions, or attending them.  Have enjoyed a number of club events as a member of several one make car clubs and although this has helped with info and advice, I miss the regular meets and friendship of the motor cycle club.  Happy days of yore. 

• Like 2

Sadly no clubs of such back where I came from. Just a few friends who owned bikes so gathering at houses and coffee shops...as I owned a bike repair shop I did most of the repairs and service for my friends.

• 2 months later...

was torn between the V6 Legend and GS when i was deciding to change from the Accord.. Which was a fine car by the way and bulletproof engine but the GS won me over again. i still find my self lurking online looking at Legends every now and again. very understated car would have sold like toilet roll if it had a German badge on it.. 

When i was in the market for a nice coupe cruiser some years ago, the Accord coupes V6's caught my attention but by the time i was ready not good examples were out there so settled for Ford Cougar with the Porche built V6 engine nice cruiser for its time.. some ford models are underrated and the Cougar V6 was one of them..

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/13/2020 at 10:31 PM, rich1068 said:

Hi Trevor. Would you care to tell us more about the Accord Coupe V6?

Asking for a friend.

Sorry, only just noticed. The V6 was a solid performer with averages 28MPG per tank, regardless of how i drove it. It as comfy as my IS300h, there were newer cars available from abroad, but they stopped producing them in the UK around 2001. The one big draw back is the CVT, it has a tendency to not engage sporadically, aside from that, I’d have another for sure.

• Like 1