Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

MM17 2020 v1 Map Update released

51 minutes ago, pobrown said:

Certainly very strange. 
I would download and unzip the files again and try a different USB stick.  An authentication error could imply file corruption somewhere. 

I have downloaded the file again and unzipped it, sizes were all the same. I'll try again with a new Usb, just in case. Cheers

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2020 at 2:43 PM, pobrown said:

No, still waiting for the CarPlay update to be released. 

2 weeks ago the service call me to updated the system with apple carplay. I paid 125€. On this moment it works perfect. Only 2 mistakes I find out.

• TomTom app, I can't reduce the volume. (Sound stay to hard)
  • If I press the button on my steering wheel to call the small display i get not any longer the last dialled calls. On the big display I need to select it myself. (fustrating)

For the rest it is working as promised. 

On 10/4/2020 at 2:45 PM, Steve Oliver said:

Thanks 🙂

I've looked at the version a number of times. It always says 943. Difficult to say if the unit is seeing the update files because when I insert the USB it thinks for a few seconds and then proclaims it can't authenticate. 🤔

Do you think it's because I didn't delete those other 2 files in the FMU folder? Update: No, it's not that - just retried without the 2 extra txt files.
Have also tried with and without an internet connection. Still no authentication. Don't get it

20201004_152640.jpg

Old thread - but for reference same thing happened to me. Turned out to be an issue with file transfer- MD5 hash did not match when I checked the files on source i.e. downloaded vs 'on' the USB stick. Copied again on the same USB stick and all worked.  

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AtomAnt said:

Old thread - but for reference same thing happened to me. Turned out to be an issue with file transfer- MD5 hash did not match when I checked the files on source i.e. downloaded vs 'on' the USB stick. Copied again on the same USB stick and all worked.  

Old thread maybe, but still something I couldn't resolve, so will be trying again. Thanks for this 👍👍👍

• 1 year later...

Updated the map using this process a few times in the past. Went to do it today with the latest version and noticed that there are now 5 iso files not 4 under the FMU folder. The instructions on Lexus tech eu still refers to 4 though. Anyone tried the latest update on MM17 yet and if so any problems?

32 minutes ago, bjf101 said:

Updated the map using this process a few times in the past. Went to do it today with the latest version and noticed that there are now 5 iso files not 4 under the FMU folder. The instructions on Lexus tech eu still refers to 4 though. Anyone tried the latest update on MM17 yet and if so any problems?

I updated our RC (MM17) with 2022v1_MapUpdate and can confirm 5 x ISO plus the ISOchecksum.txt. Update went smoothly with no problems.

Can't help on that one I'm afraid as I never used a USB stick or voice commands. We no longer have the RC unfortunately or I'd check for you. 

11 hours ago, bjf101 said:

Thanks, did you notice any changes to functionality or bugs (such as order of files on USB stick, voice commands not working with an iPod / iPhone)?

Still no fix for playing tracks in alphabetical order (instead of track order) and no fix for voice commands. This is true on both MM17 and MM19, despite many complaints to Lexus UK.

When i test drove a new NX with MM21 it also had broken voice commands for playing music from a memory stick.

Paul 

• 7 months later...

Hello everyone,

I have NX300h model end of 2017. The navigation system of the car is hanging up and it shows *LOADING NAVIGATION* I've download the last free version  of the map 2020 V2 from Official Lexus website, and extracted the files to the different USB memories to be sure, there is no issue with USB sticks.

(FMU file which contains 4 iso file without any *log or *txt file and it is around 12GB).

FMU file has been copied on the root of USB Memory.

Problem: unfortunately when I plugin the USB stick to the car and turn the car on, the car can read the USB but the update will not starting!

I want to update the Navigation system, because the screen displays *LOADING NAVIGATION* (please see the photo)

Do you know how can I run the update?

If the rebooting the navigation can help this situation, how can I reboot it?

Can you help me in this case?

Best,

Hamid 

Loading Navigation.jpeg

Software model.jpeg

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 5/20/2020 at 1:23 PM, pobrown said:

It looks like Lexus have released the 2020 v1 map update this morning.  I've just successfully installed it onto my facelift NX.

This update is for the MM17 entertainment system (the widescreen system on the facelift cars from late 2017 onwards).

The update appears to be covered by the 3 year Map Care system.

497884161_Screenshot2020-05-2013_07_13.thumb.png.9bf079c1d8b3230a91e762f5e394ab00.png

The download is available from the Lexus Tech website.  You will need an account to login (free) but you will not need an active subscription.

Click on 'Owner' then 'Map and Software Updates'.  Then select the MM17 system.  

Important installation instructions and details of the changes made to the mapping data are available in the 'More Info' section (two PDF files to download).

The files to download are access by clicking 'Update'.

Note: the download is around 12GB is size so will take some time.  Once downloaded you will need to unzip it.

Handy hint - before beginning the update in your car, it is a good idea to get the Device ID from the system as you will need this later:

Device ID can be obtained by follow the steps below on the navigation device:

-  Push the “MENU” hard key on the remote Touch pad

-  Select “Setup”

-  Select “Online”

-  Select “Lexus Online”

-  Select “Map Update Information”

You will need a blank USB stick of at least 16GB in size.  It must be formatted as FAT32.  Copy the 'FMU' folder from the ZIP file to the root directory of the USB stick.  I found that I had to delete the two small .log and .txt files from the FMU folder otherwise my car didn't detect the update (never had to do this before, so it was a little strange).  You should therefore have a USB stick which only contains 1 folder (FMU) and inside that you should have 4 ISO files (FMU_PONB7E_x).

From start to finish I found the update took around 70 minutes.  You need to keep the car powered up for the full duration so please make sure it is parked in a safe, well ventilated area.

Once all complete the new version should show in the software update section - this update is only for the mapping data.  The Audio and Navigation software are installed separately.  See my other post.

2020v1.thumb.jpg.26fa06e75a59dc02f33ab64b4484552b.jpg

As always, if in doubt please don't attempt the update.

Thanks

Phil

Thank you so much for your info - my update is on the go now ( RX450h 2022 ). 

I couldn't do it for a couple of days - this is ridiculous what we have to do to make it happen.

Lexus garage wanted £192 labour for the update to be done by technician 

I knew about fat32, 16gb, even tried to extract files only but would never think about delating .txt file wow

Thank you so much! Artur 

Thought I'd tag a couple of questions on the end of this thread.

My NX450h has the 9.8 inch multimedia and navigation system. I can't for the life of me find the map data version. In the manual it says settings>navigation>map update. However there is no map update option on that screen selection.

On the my Lexus portal in the eStore purchased app section it says I have Mapcare Lexus (1/31/2023 - 1/31/2030) Active 

I may well be being dumb but would appreciate any advice how to check current map data and if necessary update.

I do use Android Auto but my wife uses the Lexus Satnav so I do want to keep it updated.

Thanks in advance

Update: Ignore me....just realised my navi system does not hold the map data, which is accessed dynamically from Tom Tom servers, hence no update is required.

Edited by Hayzee
I should have known my navi system doesn't hav embedded maps

16 minutes ago, Hayzee said:

Thought I'd tag a couple of questions on the end of this thread.

My NX450h has the 9.8 inch multimedia and navigation system. I can't for the life of me find the map data version. In the manual it says settings>navigation>map update. However there is no map update option on that screen selection.

On the my Lexus portal in the eStore purchased app section it says I have Mapcare Lexus (1/31/2023 - 1/31/2030) Active 

I may well be being dumb but would appreciate any advice how to check current map data and if necessary update.

I do use Android Auto but my wife uses the Lexus Satnav so I do want to keep it updated.

Thanks in advance.

Just checked same source [e-store] and mine is showing 10/14/2022-10/14/2029...so like you would like to know if we are both using updated maps 

Just now, Mobeam said:

Just checked same source [e-store] and mine is showing 10/14/2022-10/14/2029...so like you would like to know if we are both using updated maps 

David....see my edit above. I assume you have the 14 inch navi system which does have embedded mapping so you should have the "Map Update" option referred to in my previous post.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links