Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Doug DeMuro GS-F quirks video

13 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Do you agree with Doug?

Very rarely if ever - he just does car top trumps and spec sheet reviews.

His reviewing style would suit fridge freezers better. 

1 hour ago, Comedian said:

Very rarely if ever - he just does car top trumps and spec sheet reviews.

His reviewing style would suit fridge freezers better. 

I think that’s overegging his talents. His review of my mini clubvan  was truly cringeworthy. I did raise the question whether he pays people to watch his YouTube content as he has enormous viewing figures and quite frankly he is s**t

• Like 1

During one of his McLaren reviews he mentions the 675LT and then goes onto state he doesn't know what LT stands for 🤦‍♂️

How can a supposed petrol head not know that.

• Like 1

To American for my taste. He does review a huge number of cars though, sometimes interesting like the toyota century .
What level of American from 0% to 100% is ok? How do you gauge it?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

It could have been a Clarkson review, like Clarkson he was determined not to like it before he started.  He may have missed an important point as well when he constantly reminded us that it cost 90k US because he mentioned its reliability.  You'll notice how he said MB and BMW will eventually cost big money to repair, so long term I know what I'd have.  Plus it looks much nicer than the rivals!  

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Comedian said:

What level of American from 0% to 100% is ok? How do you gauge it?

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

I beter rephrase that as it is not correct. Too much for me is shouty bragging pick ups dont care etc. He does not really fit that bill, it is more the constant stream of words without breathing all on thesame tone. Difficult to listen to, at least for me. MotomanTV is American as well as SavageGeese and these are my absolute favorites!   

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

It could have been a Clarkson review, like Clarkson he was determined not to like it before he started.  He may have missed an important point as well when he constantly reminded us that it cost 90k US because he mentioned its reliability.  You'll notice how he said MB and BMW will eventually cost big money to repair, so long term I know what I'd have.  Plus it looks much nicer than the rivals!  

Clarkson really liked the GSF and said it was a better drive than the M5, yet hated the RCF with the same drivetrain and similar weight. He was expecting the second coming of the LFA with the RCF, but completely missed the point of the car.

19 minutes ago, Silkmen said:

Clarkson really liked the GSF and said it was a better drive than the M5, yet hated the RCF with the same drivetrain and similar weight. He was expecting the second coming of the LFA with the RCF, but completely missed the point of the car.

I know he absolutely loved the LFA, I didn't know he liked the GSF!  He also liked the Nissan GTR which I got to drive, wow, what a car!

44 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

I know he absolutely loved the LFA, I didn't know he liked the GSF!  He also liked the Nissan GTR which I got to drive, wow, what a car!

He owned a GSF for a time.

His RCF 'review' was a hatchet job and at best dishonest! 

1 hour ago, dutchie01 said:

I beter rephrase that as it is not correct. Too much for me is shouty bragging pick ups dont care etc. He does not really fit that bill, it is more the constant stream of words without breathing all on thesame tone. Difficult to listen to, at least for me. MotomanTV is American as well as SavageGeese and these are my absolute favorites!   

Yeah agree with all that. 👍

Clarkson on the GSF:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/the-clarkson-review-2016-lexus-gs-f/amp/

His closing paragraph:

I wouldn’t blame you at all if you went off and bought a BMW M3 or M5 instead. They’re both tremendous. But don’t assume they’re the best of breed. Because in my book this flawed old-school charmer has them beat.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silkmen said:

Clarkson on the GSF:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.driving.co.uk/car-reviews/the-clarkson-review-2016-lexus-gs-f/amp/

His closing paragraph:

I wouldn’t blame you at all if you went off and bought a BMW M3 or M5 instead. They’re both tremendous. But don’t assume they’re the best of breed. Because in my book this flawed old-school charmer has them beat.

This is why I like jayemms channel. He doesn't do spec sheet reviews. It's about enjoying cars for what they are, not what they are not.