Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus NX300h 2015 tailgate won't close

I had a flat Battery, so I used booster cables to start the car (as per manual) that allowed me to open the power tailgate to access the vehicle Battery.

On fitting the new Battery the power tailgate now beeps twice and will not close, I have tried locking the doors but I get the door open warning on the dash. The car starts ok then I turned the car off but the tailgate still will not close (2 beeps).

I am hoping there is a procedure for resetting the tailgate, after all it is not possible to change the Battery without the tailgate being open.

Yes I have tried holding the button, I have also press the open button on the outside of the tailgate, thinking it might think it is closed as its had a new Battery and want to open first before it will accept a close signal. But just get the two beeps!

I had the same thing last week to my 2014 NX. I pulled down the tailgate manually till it fully closed, You can hear it click shut (first click), keep going again till you hear the second click.

Then try locking the whole car and it should lock and be back to normal, tailgate and all.

It was a lot easier to manually close the tailgate than open it. I was lifting the car up than opening the lid.

• Like 1

This is fully documented in the owners manual:

When reconnecting the 12-volt battery (vehicles with a power back door)

To enable the power back door to operate properly, close the back door manually.

You also need to reinitialise the sunroof and windows for auto to work correctly and you should set you tyre pressures to your desired pressures and then reset the TPWS so it is set from that pressure, not the pressures when the Battery was connected.

• 5 months later...