Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coolant

lexus22

Having to fit a new radiator tommorow, just thought, is there any special way to bleed the air out of the system, or fill it and start engine without the cap on and wait untill the engine heats up allowing the level to drop?

Yep, sounds like the right plan, fill the system, start the engine, heater on full,  check and top as required, fit pressure cap, check gauge, check for any leaks and then check again regularly over the next week. Toyota long life red coolant either premixed or concentrate with distilled water.

The concentrate is cheaper and if you have a dehumidifier use the collected water from that.

Agreed, I've done mine a couple of times lately. Start the engine with the cap just on the first click just in case, then remove and while you're waiting give the hoses the odd little squeeze. I didn't put the cap back on until everything was up to temperature. I also had an excitable 12 year old revving the engine for me :biggrin:

• Haha 1

Thanks guys, not received the rad today so unable to fit! Need the lex back on the road, smaller cars to uncomfortable 😡

Thanks guys, fitted new radiator today, all okay, will check everything again tomorrow for leaks before fitting undertray

• Like 1