Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

These are the wheels I bought from a new member a couple of weeks ago. After a refurb I treated them to a new set of Avon Tyres.  Soo much quieter than with the Bridgestones. The same size wheels, 17"

IMG_20200521_093236011.jpg

• Like 6

Nicely done Phil 👍

I've been trying to find some replacement rims for mine but have struggled to find anything decent for a fair price 😒

• Like 1

Nicely done Phil [emoji106]

I've been trying to find some replacement rims for mine but have struggled to find anything decent for a fair price [emoji19]

Would you consider aftermarket? Some brands like Bola do some fairly period designs. I put mine on a set of 18s and I think it looks the part. Not everybody likes the aftermarket look though...

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

e8c281527ed69aaa7d00aa26f6e8cf5b.jpg

• Like 4

Alex, I have but there's so much choice that I can't decide on any!

I also want a reliable/strong set...

Yours look dandy tho, good choice.

Alex, I have but there's so much choice that I can't decide on any!

I also want a reliable/strong set...

Yours look dandy tho, good choice.

The set I have are called Bola B12. They seem a good wheel and the flat face is really nice. I know what you mean about some of the super crap quality ones there are out there though. I spent ages finding a design I like. Wheelbase are good as the filter by car then by design is handy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lex - eleven said:

Look great. Should they 18's though? My "55" has 245 45 18.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I think the UK spec facelift has 18" but being a Celsior it was fitted with 17's. No idea why there was a difference though.

• Like 1

I think the UK spec facelift has 18" but being a Celsior it was fitted with 17's. No idea why there was a difference though.
Ah...hadn't realised it was a celsior [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Farqui said:

Nicely done Phil 👍

I've been trying to find some replacement rims for mine but have struggled to find anything decent for a fair price 😒

I've considered new wheels for some time but most seem to need spacers and new nuts, plus they're not exactly cheap, so justifying new ones was difficult, especially when there's nothing really wrong with the original ones.  It was only because these came up for £25 each that I went for it, plus £49 to have them collected.  Because I was pleased with the result I decided on new tyres, £342 fitted for Avons I thought was pretty good, I really do like Avon Tyres, and as I said, it's even quieter now which is an unexpected bonus!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ajchetcuti said:

Would you consider aftermarket? Some brands like Bola do some fairly period designs. I put mine on a set of 18s and I think it looks the part. Not everybody likes the aftermarket look though...

e8c281527ed69aaa7d00aa26f6e8cf5b.jpg

Just taking a closer look, that's a lovely car you have there!

• Like 1

22 hours ago, The-Acre said:

These are the wheels I bought from a new member a couple of weeks ago. After a refurb I treated them to a new set of Avon tyres.  Soo much quieter than with the Bridgestones. The same size wheels, 17"

IMG_20200521_093236011.jpg

Looks nice and smart! IMO rear wheels need spacers though.

2 hours ago, BigBoomer said:

Which Avons do you have Phil? I have the ZZ5s and love their grip and quietness. Also seem to be lasting pretty well. :yes:

Hi George, I've got ZV7 whatever that means! 

• Like 1

On 5/22/2020 at 8:33 PM, skyway said:

NIce choice Phil....

Mine came with 18's I wonder if that was a year dependent thing or maybe options thing.

I think it may just be a Japanese thing!  Did your Celsior come with an illuminated parking pole? Everyone asks me what it is!

No..... it did come with a tv tuner under the drivers seat (non standard), two washer bottles,radar sensor, toll card thingy and to top it off a Sony mini disc player.

What it does not have is more important to me..... no air ride and mark lev sound system... both of which have been a bane to me in my ls430's.