Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Warranty, Service and MOT due

At the end of the month, my extended warranty, service and Mot is due. I understand that the Mot is extended for 6 months but I’m in two minds, should I buy the warranty now and leave the service and mot until later. I like the idea of having all three at the same time, It keeps it all in sync which could be important as the warranty has mot cover and breakdown. If I don’t buy it now then I run the car without warranty for 6 months, which is fine but will they need to do a re check before issue of new warranty? I assume Lexus won’t worry about a late service under the current circumstances. 

41 minutes ago, Casa1862 said:

At the end of the month, my extended warranty, service and Mot is due. I understand that the Mot is extended for 6 months but I’m in two minds, should I buy the warranty now and leave the service and mot until later. I like the idea of having all three at the same time, It keeps it all in sync which could be important as the warranty has mot cover and breakdown. If I don’t buy it now then I run the car without warranty for 6 months, which is fine but will they need to do a re check before issue of new warranty? I assume Lexus won’t worry about a late service under the current circumstances. 

Most Lexus workshops are now open, so you can have your car service Casa.

The Extended Warranty programme ends on 30 May

The Gov`t has allowed you to extend the period within which the M.O.T. can be completed.

The answer in your case seems to me to be

Get your car serviced now.

Get your M.O.T. now

Extend your Extended Warranty now.

Problem solved and all of the information you require is on the official Lexus Website.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll try Milton Keynes who I use. 

you said ‘Extended Warranty programme ends on 30 May’ do you mean for me or are their some changes coming in?

Just now, Casa1862 said:

Thanks for the reply, I’ll try Milton Keynes who I use. 

you said ‘Extended Warranty programme ends on 30 May’ do you mean for me or are their some changes coming in?

Read the official website Casa (under CV19). Lexus and you are the parties to the agreement. My view is irrelevant in that particular context.

I had an interesting conversation with service department, apparently my extended warranty has been extended for 3 months FOC, I had the notification for the breakdown cover but not his, I got them to double check and she said it was showing on their system. She also mentioned the 2 for 1 warranty has two free MOT's. So, I've decided to wait until the new warranty starts and book service and free MOT then. As the car will be 5 years old might as well take the essential service. The mot is not a problem as extended for 6 months, warranty for 3 months, service will be slightly out on date but millage is well below the limits. I'll risk that, Lexus have said they are "sympathetic" under the current situation and it will only be 4 weeks over. 

39 minutes ago, Casa1862 said:

I had an interesting conversation with service department, apparently my extended warranty has been extended for 3 months FOC, I had the notification for the breakdown cover but not his, I got them to double check and she said it was showing on their system. She also mentioned the 2 for 1 warranty has two free MOT's. So, I've decided to wait until the new warranty starts and book service and free MOT then. As the car will be 5 years old might as well take the essential service. The mot is not a problem as extended for 6 months, warranty for 3 months, service will be slightly out on date but millage is well below the limits. I'll risk that, Lexus have said they are "sympathetic" under the current situation and it will only be 4 weeks over. 

Very pleased for you Casa.Problem solved.

On 3/19/2020 at 4:34 PM, scudney said:

Probably leave the foot brake off, although it should be ok on as it's only a month,was going to suggest a jump pack but as you have a hybrid not too sure

On 5/21/2020 at 5:11 PM, Casa1862 said:

I have the same extended warranty, I think it’s good value when it includes comprehensive Europe breakdown cover and 2 MOTs .

can I ask you what did you pay for the 2 years extended warranty? 

1 hour ago, Dealkent said:

I have the same extended warranty, I think it’s good value when it includes comprehensive Europe breakdown cover and 2 MOTs .

can I ask you what did you pay for the 2 years extended warranty? 

I paid £795 for two years. I’m not sure if the two mots is a new offer or was on my previous warranty.