Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, forum!

Not a Lexus owner here yet, but I've decided and IS250 F Sport is my choice. However I've got a question...

On IS250 F Sport models aged 2011+, there's a Mark Levinson audio sticker missing from the head unit.

My question is: was it no longer offered for those years as an option, or is it just lack of the sticker and that audio system is still there?

Just wondering if I should completely rule these years out and stick to the 2010 models...

Just noticed that some models from those years have it. Like the Advance package. However F Sport seems to be missing that logo...

2 hours ago, madasahatter said:

If it is sat nav version it should be Mark Levinson.

Even if it has sat nav, logo is still not present.

From 2011 there is no mention of ML in the press pack and the price list doesn't mention it either (no multimedia option).

There are some vehicles with 2011 plates but they are probably old stock, any genuine MY2011 vehicles (with black centre caps in the wheels, black/silver steering wheel etc.) won't have ML.

If the vehicle doesn't have the ML marking then it doesn't have the upgrade amps and speakers.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

From 2011 there is no mention of ML in the press pack and the price list doesn't mention it either (no multimedia option).

There are some vehicles with 2011 plates but they are probably old stock, any genuine MY2011 vehicles (with black centre caps in the wheels, black/silver steering wheel etc.) won't have ML.

If the vehicle doesn't have the ML marking then it doesn't have the upgrade amps and speakers.

Cheers for that answer, mate! That clarified a lot.

2010 F Sport it is, then! 🙂

The pre facelift F sports ultimately come with a better spec. You retain the memory function on both front seats (even the top spec  SE-L facelift cars lost the passenger memory function) the electric steering column and memory/ dipping in reverse mirrors. You also retain the swivel function on the Xenon lights.   
In return the pre facelift cars missed out on the F Sport front spoiler, F Sport specific alloys (they came with Hoshi alloys from the options lost) and daylight running lights. 

As Colin mentioned, Mark Levinson was not available on all 2011 facelift cars apart from on the ISF.   
The Mark Levinson system was an option the  pre facelift car. It came with the Multimedia system. 
The Full Map option gave you sat nav and a better HVC interface on the facelift cars but no ML. 
I’ve had both systems. The 13 speaker Pioneer system on the facelift cars is fairly good but in my opinion the ML system is better. 
Good luck with the search. I had one for around 8 years and it was a brilliant car. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, scudney said:

In other words you could have it fitted as an optional extra 

Yes, but only before the MY 2011 facelift cars. 

Ive had both a 2010 F-Sport and my current car, a 2011 one. Both with navigation option.

As previously mentioned, 2010 car is way more loaded with toys & features, whilst plus points for a MY2011 car are mainly cosmetic.

- Dark front lights with DRLs are more modern-looking, likewise the lack of amber on the rear lamps.

- Front bumper/spoiler setup is more sporty-looking and aggressive, whereas 2010 car just has a regular bumper like any other IS250.

- Rear exhaust tips are better-looking (Yes, they're different on a MY2011 car).

- F-sport badging is still in line with current Lexus models. 2010 cars have different logos no longer in use.

- Ultrasonic Blue available on the newer car. Although, some 2010 colours are also nice.

- Newer car slightly more economical and therefore £25 cheaper for road tax.

Ive always believed that my 2011 car has sharper steering and handling than the 2010 one had. Possibly my imagination, or just down to different tyres or something, but I definitely think there was a tangible difference.

Ideal spec for me would be a 2010 car with the newer headlights and bumpers etc. [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I personally prefer the 2011 facelift(that's why I have one in USB),don't really mind  the fact that you miss out on memory seats,tilting mirrors etc

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links