Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

came from China and are not as well engineered as the oem originals but at £20 for the pair I thought I would take a punt.

Malc

13 minutes ago, Malc said:

heaven only knows what's going on with China right now  .......  not just the tragedy that's emerging from Hong Kong

heard today that both Macau and Taiwan are about to be treated to much more Chinese influence and control ( takeover ) with China just amassing a further 5000 troops on the border with India at Sikkim ?

Chinese goods for me can just stay where they come from methinks

Malc

Why Sikkim Malc ?

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Why Sikkim Malc ?

the border between China and India .....  Sikkim is in India .................. and Bhutan and Nepal are independent countries historically looking to India for promised total protection from China

Malc

oh sorry, why Sikkim, well China has forever inched into India as a part of it's global strategy to " control the world " and India has just about had enough of it all

Hence the new forbidding of Chinese influence in new India company businesses and the probably retrospective ousting of existing Chinese influences in India businesses too

Here in the UK it now looks likely Huwaei will probably be trounced away from 5G 

Malc

15 minutes ago, Malc said:

oh sorry, why Sikkim, well China has forever inched into India as a part of it's global strategy to " control the world " and India has just about had enough of it all

Hence the new forbidding of Chinese influence in new India company businesses and the probably retrospective ousting of existing Chinese influences in India businesses too

Here in the UK it now looks likely Huwaei will probably be trounced away from 5G 

Malc

Thanks.Won`t it be difficult for China to provide a good supply line from that bleak part of the Geography  ?

India`s population now surpasses that of China.

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Won`t it be difficult for China to provide a good supply line

it's all Chinese to me :wink3:

seriously, I think the Chinese can do just about anything they put their minds too

Malc

for anyone interested in this now

heard last night that the UK Govt is about to honour the British Blue Passports HK of the 300, 000 remaining HK citizens holding them ....  to at least give them unlimited annual visas to visit ( permanently ) the UK

to the annoyance of Beijing 

Malc

3 hours ago, Malc said:

for anyone interested in this now

heard last night that the UK Govt is about to honour the British Blue Passports HK of the 300, 000 remaining HK citizens holding them ....  to at least give them unlimited annual visas to visit ( permanently ) the UK

to the annoyance of Beijing 

Malc

The  good thing about that Malc is that we may well have an infusion of entrepreneurial wealth creators, just like when Idin Amin expelled the Indians from Uganda. 
Beijing is considering counter measures so they must be pi**ed off about the loss of talent.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2020 at 1:28 PM, RgrWynne said:

we may well have an infusion of entrepreneurial wealth creators,

can one just imagine the wealth creation that the 3mn or so possible entrants from Hong Kong could bring to our nation following on from this Covid tragedy

Vancouver benefitted hugely from the earlier exodus and GB itself could now take a huge surge forward in creative potential and a long term benefit to a more prosperous GDP phenomenon

Malc

maybe go from " made in China " to a new creative base of " made in the UK "  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I was also reading today that US Companies are looking at Vietnam and India as two options to move production away from China. Both nations are talented and very quick to upscale and throw a rejuvenated UK into the mix and who knows 😜

• Like 1

12 hours ago, RgrWynne said:

and India as two options to move production away from China

India is phenomenally successful as a hi tech nation with brilliant academics and health care professionals .................. just look at Jio and Ambani in India

BUT the UK Govt has a HUGE hang-up against Indians venturing into the UK

My chief honcho guy in Delhi ......  we wanted him to come to the UK for a simple month, all expenses paid by the business ( mine ) just to have a proper " feel " for the UK psyche, our blood line for business ... and they simply said NO, they never give a reason and never have to ...  a simple loss to the UK Exchequer as that would have helped the taxable profitabilty of my business for sure

At a similar time the Archbishop of Canterbury applied for an african priest to come to the UK for a similar reason, and again they said  NO   But as he is a Lord and can pull a few strings and has divine guidasnce on his side, they eventually, after a loooong argument relented and agreed,

I have zero faith in the UK being able to tap into India as a source of skills, they sure as hell don't need any from the UK

especially as they don't seem to have any Ls400s ...................

cest le vie

the India economy will run rings round that of the UK in a decade or two

Malc

4 minutes ago, LexIS200Sport said:

Jaguar Land Rover has received a £560 million loan from Chinese banks:

and BA and Ryanair and Easyjet have received a few ££billion in commercial paper facilities directly from the Bank of England  avoiding the UK Exchequer and the normal covid loans

air tickets attract UK Tax Air Passsenger Duty of between £12.50 and £500 per ticket per pax per filght depending on Class and destination ... the UK Govt desperately needs those monies but won't be seen directly to support that specific revenue stream I guess

nothing to do with China I know BUT I wouldn't doubt that India companies might at some stage be stopped from honouring it's lines from Chinese banks

Malc

4 hours ago, Malc said:

BUT the UK Govt has a HUGE hang-up against Indians venturing into the UK

Hi Malc, was not suggesting more Indians venturing here, blimey I think we shall have enough on our plate coping with fallout from Hong Kong. Throughout history we have shown great skills in utilising the skills of others, and I was hoping the mass production base would shift from China to India and/or Vietnam. It would be fantasy for us to try to compete with mass industrial production.....unless there is a mass influx of capital to do hi end, technically advanced products, which we can do when we set our mind to it. Cheers, Roger