Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

HI fellow Lexus owners,

I am new to this site and was wondering if anyone can provide any information regarding replacing the centre air vents on my 2011 is 250 with the air vents with clock.

Thanks in advance

3 hours ago, jimmydarkcloud said:

The centre air vents on the newer is models have an analogue clock in between the air vents.

Which look sooo much nicer than the naff digital clocks that Lexus seemed to favour on all of their older cars.

Aaahhhhh I see, As this was in the 'Gen 2' IS250 section I didn't think it would be anything like that.

If you have the same style interior as shown above ( minus the clock!) then I would say that there is a very high chance that it will be a straight swap, fixings will be the same and you could possibly find the permanent power supply plug in yours tucked away somewhere nearby if you had a look, manufactures do not like ( increased costs) having too many variations in components in the build stage and the fixings and wiring loom is highly likely to be the same for all trim models.

paul m.

1 hour ago, Texas said:

Aaahhhhh I see, As this was in the 'Gen 2' IS250 section I didn't think it would be anything like that.

If you have the same style interior as shown above ( minus the clock!) then I would say that there is a very high chance that it will be a straight swap, fixings will be the same and you could possibly find the permanent power supply plug in yours tucked away somewhere nearby if you had a look, manufactures do not like ( increased costs) having too many variations in components in the build stage and the fixings and wiring loom is highly likely to be the same for all trim models.

paul m.

I think he is trying to get the series III look in a series II.

19 hours ago, The-Acre said:

Which look sooo much nicer than the naff digital clocks that Lexus seemed to favour on all of their older cars.

I rather like the naff digital clocks. They make me smile :biggrin: Japanese car, digital clocks. Perfect match.

First time I ever saw a digital clock in a car was in whatever the first gen XR3 was. A teacher at school had one and we only saw it through the window but thought it was really cool. I'll have probably been about 12 and went on and on and on about it. One day my grandad turned up at our house in his car (either a Toledo or Dolemite) and said he'd got something to show me. With a proud wave of his arm I could see he'd taped a little plastic digital clock to the dashboard.

27 minutes ago, rich1068 said:

I rather like the naff digital clocks. They make me smile :biggrin: Japanese car, digital clocks. Perfect match.

First time I ever saw a digital clock in a car was in whatever the first gen XR3 was. A teacher at school had one and we only saw it through the window but thought it was really cool. I'll have probably been about 12 and went on and on and on about it. One day my grandad turned up at our house in his car (either a Toledo or Dolemite) and said he'd got something to show me. With a proud wave of his arm I could see he'd taped a little plastic digital clock to the dashboard.

Ah yes, I well remember sticking digital clocks to my ancient dashboards.  If I could fit an analogue clock in my dash I would, I just think they look nice. In fact I may have a little play around today to see if it's possible!  Oddly, my digital clock gains about 5 minutes a month, and then I have to try to remember the setting sequence in the Japanese menu!