Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Air to coilovers

1 hour ago, Mylexrx said:

Hi all , I’ve been trying to find out if you have to remove height sensors when changing to coil overs, also does anyone no camber angle 

I don't know the camber angle but height sensors just get left but disconnected, along with the compressor. You'll also need to get the right info for disabling the dash warning for the suspension.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Mylexrx said:

Ah ok , I’ve been trying to find @BrightonRX300 threads , any ideas

I can tell you I met him and saw his conversion which was impressive!  Also not difficult by all accounts. You should be able to find him in the search, I'll look myself to see if I can find it.

It did look really good, that would be great I’ve been trying to find it with no success, but on the plus side I’ve found that the Strut assEmily on the f/r of 2004 rx300 is also used on Camry, and rav  4 And a few others, so I have a coil over kit coming that was £300 , coming for £169 result

2 hours ago, Mylexrx said:

It did look really good, that would be great I’ve been trying to find it with no success, but on the plus side I’ve found that the Strut assEmily on the f/r of 2004 rx300 is also used on Camry, and rav  4 And a few others, so I have a coil over kit coming that was £300 , coming for £169 result

Unfortunately I can't find it, I've never got on with the forum search facility but it's there somewhere!

• 2 years later...
On 5/25/2020 at 7:45 PM, Mylexrx said:

Hi Did you install these coil-overs with success? Looking at doing it myself at the moment. Thanks! 

16 hours ago, Sid99 said:

Hi Did you install these coil-overs with success? Looking at doing it myself at the moment. Thanks! 

If you use the search facility in this forum (good luck because it's abysmal) you'll (hopefully) find that a couple on members have successfully done this and done good writeups with photos.

EDIT: Colin Barber posted the links to the one I was thinking of (BrightonRX300) and it's the second post above this one.

23 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Would be useful if there was a section covering modifications and Lexus workarounds.

It would solve a load of effort if the 'search' facility was uprated to 'user-friendly'!

• Like 1