Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Soon to be CT200 owner

Benne42

Hi all,

Hopefully, if the car showrooms are allowed to open from 1/6, I will test drive and purchase my first Lexus, an 18 plate luxury CT.

Not having driven a hybrid before and having read a number of posts here, I’m expecting the brakes to be different and the engine noise under acceleration to sound harsh 

Prior to the test drive, Is there any other quirks etc. that the car has (blind spots etc.) that I should evaluate during the drive?

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

JB

I don't even know why people are talking about brakes. I've driven CT, IS300h, RX450h, and never found them any different from other lexus basic engine cars.

Engine will be noisy if you'll trash it, but for me it wasn't a major issue or too annoying.

Overall it's very easy and relaxing to drive. Looking to buy a CT as well 🙂

Hello John and welcome to the LOC.

I’ve only driven one once many years ago on a Lexus Open Road day, the strangest thing to me not having driven a hybrid before was the eerie silence waiting at junctions to pull out in a gap and hope it was going to go. It always did and made good progress to match traffic speeds. I would imagine once you get used to the car and have full confidence driving it you’ll be fine.

You’re right about the engine revs it did sound harsh at higher speeds but I just jumped in and drove it without any settings being altered so there may be a quieter mode plus it was a few years ago so things have probably improved since then and of course I was used to the low purring V8 in mine.

More plastic than wood trim (again biased opinion) but seemed solid with no rattles.

No problem with all round visibility, driving a van for work I tend to reply on door mirrors more than the internal one.

As Janis mentions I also didn’t notice any difference in braking and no dramas, you still have the normal hydraulic brakes like any other car as well as the regenerative system.

I’m sure other owners will have more to add.

4 hours ago, Benne42 said:

Hi all,

Hopefully, if the car showrooms are allowed to open from 1/6, I will test drive and purchase my first Lexus, an 18 plate luxury CT.

Not having driven a hybrid before and having read a number of posts here, I’m expecting the brakes to be different and the engine noise under acceleration to sound harsh 

Prior to the test drive, Is there any other quirks etc. that the car has (blind spots etc.) that I should evaluate during the drive?

Thanks in advance for any advice. 

JB

Welcome John.

I have driven several CT`s and found them to be fine.

Brakes were no different to other cars I`ve driven and engine only noisy if your foot is to the floor!

I try to drive anticipatingly , so my foot is rarely to the floor.

Do not believe any reports written by so called motoring journalists,but rather listen to what Lexus owners say about their cars.

If you adjust your driving mirrors correctly, there are no blind spots.

You might need time to adjust driving a Hybrid however as it is rather quiet and rarely breaks down.

I am sure that other CT owners will be along soon to give you their three penneth.

Enjoy and do give us a full report !

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links