Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I  have converted my RX350 from air suspension to coils, I just left the height sensors as you need them for the headlamp height adjust, also just disconnect the compressor cable at the compressor, also I put black tape over the green light in the height display (keeps flashing as it thinks there is a fault), clocks and plastic lens easy to remove and the height display and flashing light now not visible. been running like this for over 6 months no problems.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mylexrx said:

Ah ok and I suppose that the adaptive lighting will stop working aswell

Does your car have Xenon lighting?  If so it is a requirement that sensors adjust leveling appropriately.  I retro fitted up front Xenons to my BMW sourcing parts from ebay and using instructions from BMW to do the quite involved job.  A lot of owners just fit the aftermarket kits without leveling and cause dazzle.  MOT testers now pay more attention to this aspect so something I suggest you check on.   

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Barry14UK said:

Does your car have Xenon lighting?  If so it is a requirement that sensors adjust leveling appropriately.  I retro fitted up front Xenons to my BMW sourcing parts from ebay and using instructions from BMW to do the quite involved job.  A lot of owners just fit the aftermarket kits without leveling and cause dazzle.  MOT testers now pay more attention to this aspect so something I suggest you check on.   

A far as I'm aware the height sensors don't play a part in headlights leveling.

Did you leave sensors connected, I also have read about pulling 7.5 amp to put out warning light and removing either the 60amp Fuse or the airsus relay 

1 hour ago, Mylexrx said:

Did you leave sensors connected, I also have read about pulling 7.5 amp to put out warning light and removing either the 60amp Fuse or the airsus relay 

This may be worth a try. The guy from Brighton who did his conversion is Jon. He runs a car valeting company called Wizard.  Assuming he still runs the business I'm sure he'll be happy to answer questions. 01273 677477, he was more than happy to show me his work, you can tell him I gave you his number.