Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

2.4 Stroker Conversion Update

DaveEllen

Just had a PM from Tdi..............crankcase is'nt big enough for the 2.4 crank :angry: most is could go to is 2.2..............

So looks like its just steel rods/pistons/head/cams & stage 2 pulley's :whistling:

and the 100 bhp nossles :lol::lol:

bit fed up as I was looking for the extra torque

never mind eh :winky:

Dont like autos.

Get an IS300 and convert to manual - get a gearbox from the US :P

bet that conversion would be a pig................

better import the IS300 manual from the US & convert to RHD :driving:

there seem to be several people doing the AT to MT swap themselves, there are some posts on IS300.net listing all the parts and how you do it so it doesn't seem to be that hard.

Did someone say buy an Evo 8 ? :whistling:

Been lookng at a nice Black one ..

Dave what are you doing to your car ?

What will this mean in real performance figures over cost involved ? or is it purely due to the love of owning the fastest IS on the road then me.... Not Fargo in UK.

Dave is TDI doing all this work for you? and will those steel rods/pistons/head/cams & stage 2 pulley's strengthen the engine as well as adding more Bhp? and the cost? i just wonder if it worth me doing that too, now that i added the uprated intercooler, fuel line upgrade, stage 1 pulley and Fcon S, sorry for all those questions matey.. :whistling::whistling::whistling:

Ok,

why am I doing it ?

steel rods & pistons will mean that I can safely use 100 bhp NOS jets with much less chance of a broken engine. Cost of this is about 2.5k for the rods & pistons which are being made for my car. I've got a spare engine as well.

On BHP from all of this Dark_is200 car with the stage 1 s/c upgrade and a tasty manifold puts out 270 bhp. Its not unreasonable to say that my cylinder head being gas flowed and my cams being reprofiled will match that..........add the NOS jets and I'll have a reliable 370 gee gees available. I'm going for the HKS FCON Pro ecu as well which will raise my rev limit and top speed (note this bit fargo :whistling::whistling::whistling: ) looking for 7500

All this in a car that looks nearly normal :whistling:

Maz---I'd enjoy your car before going for the steel internals ! What I've been told is that the con rods on this engine are not very strong (someone may give more info on this)...........What you could do is look for a s/h engine and get the steel bits done then swop it over...I'd speak to Mat C/Mark/Colin Barber/Mark for advice on this.

I do know of a well maintened IS200 motor available soon :whistling:

Maz---I'd enjoy your car before going for the steel internals ! What I've been told is that the con rods on this engine are not very strong (someone may give more info on this)...........What you could do is look for a s/h engine and get the steel bits done then swop it over...I'd speak to Mat C/Mark/Colin Barber/Mark  for advice on this.

I do know of a well maintened IS200 motor available soon  :whistling:

Well Dave, i wont able to do anything internals yet, as i still got stage 3 to do( this is Sound and Vision, not stage 3 engine tune btw), but i do want to have it done later on (for the long term reliable issue rather than more Bhp, but wouldnt mind more Bhp while able to strengthen the internals too...hehe), how much would a s/h engine cost matey? sorry for so many questions...

I'll be selling mine soon....................

Before I decide on price I will get Mark to strip it down to see if all is OK (crankshaft)

Probabaly about £400

let me know Dave, im interested... :) :) :) :) :)

I'll be selling mine soon....................

Before I decide on price I will get Mark to strip it down to see if all is OK (crankshaft)

Probabaly about £400

let me know Dave, im interested... :) :) :) :) :)

Ok...........as mentioned above the cost of the rods & pistons is 2.5k.........u can at least budget !

I dont envisage any problems with the engine as its running well & oil leak free..........touches wood !

Let me know when you are ready to sell the engine Dave, btw who make those steel Rods and Pistons for you matey?

Mark @ Tdi is getting mine made............simonskippy has got a set he may sell............think he got them from jdm_partsguru. Not sure of the cost

I'd speak to mat c/mark/colin first as I'm not sure you will need this unless you are looking for more than 250 BHP.

Lot of dosh to spend if its not really required...........

Are you going to have your rocker cover polished ? Got mine doe and it looks quite nice..........with the Tdi induction kit its revealed and its a bit ugly !

Let me know when you are ready to sell the engine Dave, btw who make those steel Rods and Pistons for you matey?

Mark @ Tdi is getting mine made............simonskippy has got a set he may sell............think he got them from jdm_partsguru. Not sure of the cost

I'd speak to mat c/mark/colin first as I'm not sure you will need this unless you are looking for more than 250 BHP.

Lot of dosh to spend if its not really required...........

Are you going to have your rocker cover polished ? Got mine doe and it looks quite nice..........with the Tdi induction kit its revealed and its a bit ugly !

If the internals can handle the power with all my upgrade without any problems then i may not do the internals at all ( but a s/h spare engine alway handy if something go wrong...and i can alway get the steel rods & Pistons when i have enough cash, more power alway nice, but that will be for the future..)

as for the rocker cover, did you did it yourself? i like to have it done as well, but i just dont have the times to do it myself.... :whistling::whistling: