Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus is200 radio help ??

Hi I bought a 2002 Lexus is200 , my issue is it came with an aftermarket radio which never worked so I decided to remove to find the connector that goes into the radio is completely destroyed leaving bare wires, and there’s no amp in glove box , anything to do to get a new radio installed ? Will I have to get a whole new harness to power radio ect 

The base models don't have a separate amp, just an integrated one in the headunit. What model of IS200 do you have?

It is common for the stereo to be replaced - the CD player tends to break on the original ones.

20 minutes ago, Jayh99 said:

It’s a 02 is200 se , my issue is the wiring for the radio is completely butchered , can I get a replacement wiring harness ?

You can but you wouldn't want to as Lexus would charge £2k for the loom. Best to get an auto electrician fit new connectors into the wiring that is there.

Your SE would have had an amp, so may take a bit of figuring out how the wiring has been altered.