Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted! SC430

Venetian Lucy

38 minutes ago, nicnac said:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202004289092744?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&postcode=bt342na&model=SC 430&price-from=500&make=LEXUS&sort=relevance&page=1

VL .......this nearly meets your spec.....except for 99K milage , but that woud not be a deal breaker as the V8 3UZ-FE  is such a good engine.The timing belt would either need to have been changed or get a discount to cover it .

That’s the darker blue..think it’s Westminster blue, this one as a knee air/bag on the passenger side, downside is a smaller glovebox and as you know now £580 road tax .

As Nic says don’t need to be over worried about the mileage as cars in the States can do 200k plus without drama, for me 50-60k is a preferable mileage if you could find one. 👍🏻

There is also a hidden upside to reasonable milage for the year, depending on the driveway garage conditions. Cars with small miage that have been left outside tend to have much more corrosion when not driven . The SC seems to suffer from corrosion at the rear end. I was very suprised to see the underside of my IS250 after 3 years . Itwas not great . i shouldhave corrosion proofed it from new as I was going to . Last october I bought a 2009 S2000 from Honda Perth . Lovely exampl . So I have spent the winter anti det  corrosion treatment the underside of the back especially. Had the rear subframe out to facilitate the work . Just put it in for alignment yeaterday . So when I get the SC430 im looking for I will do the same . 

AETV55411418_5.jpg

Nicks S2000-09.png

12 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Have a good trip ( down A41? )Roger.

My Dad used to take me to Wolverhampton once per season to visit Molineux and watch Wolves (my team, after Melchester Rovers ) play.

Happy,magical times.

Hi John, had lovely drive to wolves, even though it is obvious my air con needs a top up of gas, organised for 10th. Went on business trip and met an old friend , a totally converted  Merc man. He has a new E class every 3 years. Pulled up outside and there was an RX450L H. He was converted to buy it by some Toyota mates and absolutely loves it. Far superior, in his words than his Merc, and said he can not believe how he is treated at the dealership, and he thought Merc were good. These were his words, not mine, cos we already know, but nice to hear an unbiased opinion. 

• Like 3

Okay.... am already making lists of things I will want to do whilst patiently waiting for the right SC430 to appear - thank you Nick for corrosion advice; ditto Bob for everything - and I'd be very pleased to join the Bob's Beige Army - and thanks as well to Neil, Phil, Malcolm, Colin and Roger for all the helpful suggestions.... and an especial thank you to John (aka Roy of the Rovers) whose replies makes me chuckle!

Now what do you guys think of imports?

14 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Okay.... am already making lists of things I will want to do whilst patiently waiting for the right SC430 to appear - thank you Nick for corrosion advice; ditto Bob for everything - and I'd be very pleased to join the Bob's Beige Army - and thanks as well to Neil, Phil, Malcolm, Colin and Roger for all the helpful suggestions.... and an especial thank you to John (aka Roy of the Rovers) whose replies makes me chuckle!

Now what do you guys think of imports?

1. You are associating with an awful lot of fellas here VL, but to the best of my knowledge and belief you have not asked for mobile numbers !

2. I do hope that VL is not a pseudonym for a bloke !

3. A lady must be allowed time in which to make up her mind, sadly.

4. An admirable saying is "he/she who hesitates is lost", which is why presumably there are so few females in the S.A.S.

5. Imports, well Fernando Torres, was an excellent buy, but I would not have touched an Alfa Sud with a barge pole!

You will get much good advice about importing LS and similar from Malc, Phil and Steve.

Good luck in your quest for the almost impossible.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Which post where?

Can`t tell you as Nick has bagged it.

Thought you were all hands on everything?

Have you asked Lexusman yet as he`s just acquired one that might interest you?

4 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Can`t tell you as Nick has bagged it.

Thought you were all hands on everything?

Have you asked Lexusman yet as he`s just acquired one that might interest you?

1 minute ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Well I'm pleased that Nick has gone for it - it is certainly a good car,,,,,  and I'll wait (im)patiently for mine to appear

It was Silver VL👿 . Otherwise I would have given you the nod!

6 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

It says I'm waiting for approval.....  could be a long wait!!!!!!

Make sure that he knows that you are  a member here and have received sound advice from Neil and Bob.

Then all one can do is wait and continue to look elsewhere.

Anything yet from people on this Forum who have bought imports, albeit LS or Celsior, Or Nissan?

Look at J D Mayes website and ask them about importing.

Likewise with Japex Ltd   http://www.japextrading.com/index_en.html

3 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Make sure that he knows that you are  a member here and have received sound advice from Neil and Bob.

Then all one can do is wait and continue to look elsewhere.

Anything yet from people on this Forum who have bought imports, albeit LS or Celsior, Or Nissan?

Look at J D Mayes website and ask them about importing.

Likewise with Japex Ltd   http://www.japextrading.com/index_en.html

And don`t forget......https://www.autovillage.co.uk/used-car/local/northern-ireland/cars/lexus/sc

26 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

It says I'm waiting for approval.....  could be a long wait!!!!!!

It does seem a bit quiet, I think the admins over there have gone to sleep.

All I will say is that if it's available and wasn't bought to order for another customer and you like blue with ivory leather, the car that Rich (the Lexusman) has acquired would probably be the best available anywhere. Some of us know the car quite well. 

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Sounds positively intriguing.....'quite' well???????

Anyway, until I'm approved - or disapproved - it's moot

Hi I second Neil's thoughts on Bob's car now Richard's (Lexusman) car, see this thread...👍

https://forum.lexusownersclub.com/threads/bobs-lexus-sc430-facelift.2937/page-42

Imports are often low mileage but I would stay with a UK spec SC - says the mad person that once had 2 Soarers.

The difference in specification between the markets can make it difficult for things like radio and sat-nav.

10 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Sounds positively intriguing.....'quite' well???????

Anyway, until I'm approved - or disapproved - it's moot

Everyone is welcome, the admins just need to wake up.

Yes, it sent a ripple through the SC community but as I said above as a note of caution, I wonder if it was bought for a waiting customer.

If I was buying it, I wouldn't even look it over.