Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted! SC430

Venetian Lucy

14 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Thanks for all this amazing advice..... would you say that a face-lift model was worth the extra £250 road tax per year?

The first of the facelift model were still the £330 road tax bracket, ( mine in a Jan 2006 ) the government had budget in early 2006 and put big engine cars up, so you could have two facelift models side by side and one day apart and one be £330 and the other £555 😳

The magic date Is 22nd March 2006, on the 23rd they became £550 !

Not your favourite colour but is a facelift as the lower road tax, low mileage, headlamps don’t look faded and it has the Beautiful Ivory interior...

downside at the end of the country for you 😕

eBay number 313023938493

And now I've discovered this

https://www.gumtree.com/p/lexus/lexus-sc430-one-and-only-convertible-cabriolet/1372868445

Checked MoT all Pass only advisories were in 2014, all tyre related.  Asked for more details.... awaiting reply.....    too expensive?  And certainly not the cheaper road tax... but she is very beautiful.... thoughts please?

(no contact yet from the other, golden Lexus owner)

5 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

https://www.gumtree.com/p/lexus/lexus-sc430-one-and-only-convertible-cabriolet/1372868445

Checked MoT all Pass only advisories were in 2014, all tyre related.  Asked for more details.... awaiting reply.....    too expensive?  And certainly not the cheaper road tax... but she is very beautiful.... thoughts please?

I used to fall in love with every single Pirelli Calendar Girl I set eyes on, but then realised  had to choose my own (my wife).

Beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

You have my overview ,now wait for the experts` views.

21 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

That’s one of my favourite colours after my blue 😉, the dealers had  got very carried away with his/her advert but I guess that’s what their job is to promote the product .

As you say good mot history and from the photos looks very clean and tidy , so questions to ask are ...has timing belt been changed , needs to be main dealer service history for that money and have 12 stamps in the book .

He has no idea on the colour and trim names are  ! Body colour is Mesa red and leather trim is Rutland Ivory 👍🏻
Price wise.. it’s over book price but if it’s a nice original example you have to pay what the seller is asking , as I said rare colours command top dollar . I would ask the same for my car if I was selling but that does have full Lexus history and a stamp for every year of its life .

This red one should have come with 3 keys from new , infact needs to be almost perfect for that money, leather Lexus folder with all the books, bills and receipts, tool kit etc .

depending how long it’s lived it’s life in Scotland you have to be concerned about corrosion underneath, Scotland as salt on the roads for longer in the winter, so something else to consider 👍🏻

21 hours ago, Bob King said:

Only extra info I can find is it last had an owner change on 6th dec 2018 👍🏻

the red one in edinburgh is listed as an insurance cat s

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Where is the listing Nick ?

On Gumtree only as far as I know ... Im looking for a red one/ivory leather.Looked at this one in edinburgh /£11750. Did analytic check on it . Reported Insurance cat S 2018 . so i moved on . 

1 hour ago, nicnac said:

the red one in edinburgh is listed as an insurance cat s

Well done nicnac that’s saved some heartbreak further down the line 👍🏻👍🏻

1 hour ago, nicnac said:

On Gumtree only as far as I know ... Im looking for a red one/ivory leather.Looked at this one in edinburgh /£11750. Did analytic check on it . Reported Insurance cat S 2018 . so i moved on . 

It is illegal not to state that it has been categorised.

I did two seperate checks . reported itto Gumtree that it was not mentioned on the add but I was talking to myself I fear!. Would not want anybody to be stung . Its different if you are straight up about a CAT S or otherwise and repair it professionably and then price accordingly . Not the case with this one . I woud not buy a damaged repairable or Insurance write off .Just been out in my S2000 Honda for a spin .... perfect ..... but not plush like the sc430. 

• Like 2

It’s also the more serious damaged category 😳

"What is a cat S write-off? (previously known as cat C)

The ‘S’ stands for ‘structural’ damage but cars that fall into this category can be repaired. Unlike cat A and B cars, these can be made roadworthy but have to be fixed by a professional and also have to be re-registered with the DVLA."

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bob King said:

It’s also the more serious damaged category 😳

"What is a cat S write-off? (previously known as cat C)

The ‘S’ stands for ‘structural’ damage but cars that fall into this category can be repaired. Unlike cat A and B cars, these can be made roadworthy but have to be fixed by a professional and also have to be re-registered with the DVLA."

Makes one wonder about the integrity of Gumtree given Nic`s posting ?

well Gumtree do now and it's extremely negligent and unprofessional of them to carry the advert still

the advertiser is acting illegally BUT notwithstanding that it's just incumbent on the buyer to make sure the car's what's wanted

Mine is a Cat N write-off, repaired and back on the road .... it was never off the road in the 4 months till i got it repaired .........  a slight squidge on one rear door 

But structural is different I guess when you're talking about a write-off ..........  I would want to see the photos of the damage caused and the details of the repairer too

AND if that damage was really just flooding...............  coz in my simple mind that would be maybe worse than a simple " nudge "

Malc

• Like 2