Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted! SC430

Venetian Lucy

27 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

It's frightening that someone can attempt to sell a car without disclosing the category.... do you think he knows?

There are big and small crooks out there.Caveat Emptor--let the buyer beware.

A buyer must carry out such checks as can reasonably be accessed and a seller must disclose, not conceal, information which if the buyer was aware of it would lead to him withdrawing.

There is much good advice on this Forum but that should not prevent the purchaser  from carrying out "due diligence"

Always check what you are being told.

Good hunting.

31 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

It's frightening that someone can attempt to sell a car without disclosing the category.... do you think he knows?

2 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

I text the seller with the info about the car being a category S and his response was 'And'...... he clearly knows and isn't bothered!

And so you and your friends, colleagues etc know where not to look in future.

Act as if you are Sherlock Holmes (the original one) and seek to dot each i and cross each T.

Any decision you make might well be a question of balance having regards to all that you have been able to glean.

6 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

I text the seller with the info about the car being a category S and his response was 'And'...... he clearly knows and isn't bothered!

When looking for a car online it is imperative that if you like what yousee and are genuinly interested in it that you invest a few quid in the FULL online checks . There are many out there  Experion , Car Analytics , HPI checker etc . Pay them the money they ask (£7 approx per motor ) and get this before calling or messageing the seller . That way you are prearmed to ask the right questions . 

I was intrested in around six sc430's lately  and for £40 I have the history on them . Its money gone down the drain if you dont buy , but its well spent if you do . 

PS ihavnt found the one I want yet .................................

• Like 2

Every response on this forum teaches me at least one new thing..... by the time I actually get to the stage of going to see one I shall be armed and dangerous!!!!

Let's hope we don't go for the same one..... how long have you been looking?

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Every response on this forum teaches me at least one new thing..... by the time I actually get to the stage of going to see one I shall be armed and dangerous!!!!

Let's hope we don't go for the same one..... how long have you been looking?

Have you seen that Martin (Bunny SC430) has his up for sale ?

There you are VL. Just like in thecowboys ... I taught you how to draw ...and then you gunned me down !!!!!! looking about 2 months. In no rush ... have the S2000 to play with while I can still manage to get into it !!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

28 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

Have you seen that Martin (Bunny SC430) has his up for sale ?

Just looked now . Thats a nice one and a lot of good work done on it. Unfortunately  its not got stone seats .................... I am so picky ... but with no hurry .VL that would suite you !!

Yes it has a super paint colour but black leather..... I don't think we are picky, just discerning.  My husband likes to tell the tale that I once bought a car because of the shape of the exhaust..... who doesn't??????

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Yes it has a super paint colour but black leather..... I don't think we are picky, just discerning.  My husband likes to tell the tale that I once bought a car because of the shape of the exhaust..... who doesn't??????

Just out of interest, what's the issue with black leather?  My first two Lexus cars had it and it was just so easy to look after and disguise any marks.  My GS has cream leather and it was much harder to keep on top of it.

18 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Just out of interest, what's the issue with black leather?  My first two Lexus cars had it and it was just so easy to look after and disguise any marks.  My GS has cream leather and it was much harder to keep on top of it.

I will only have black weather Phil. As you say its upkeep is minimal relatively speaking.

The leather in the Merc is real leather and as good as new.Volvo used to produce nice real leather seating too.

16 minutes ago, The-Acre said:

Black leather as a general rule it’s almost maintenance free, whereas the ivory leather needs attention to keep it looking beautiful but does make the interior bright and airy. I was the first on the Lexus World forum to buy cream leather dye for my previous SC and it can up very well it was so bad I had nothing to loose, have since purchased a bottle of dye for my current Rutland Ivory interior and it’s looking in tip top condition 😎

• Like 1

Yes, I know black leather is much more serviceable but I hope that this car will be my forever car.... and what the heart wants etc, etc  So at some point Bob I'd like the name of the dye....

11 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Yes, I know black leather is much more serviceable but I hope that this car will be my forever car.... and what the heart wants etc, etc  So at some point Bob I'd like the name of the dye....

Here’s the link...

https://www.liquidleather.co.uk/

ask for RUTLAND IVORY.

..and my post on the subject 👍🏻

https://forum.lexusownersclub.com/threads/leather-seat-rejuvenation.13611/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Sorry Lucy. Wives and forever cars is a huge contradiction in terms.

Just you wait until the next must have colour comes out and you can have it with really specially shaped exhaust pipes!

16 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

1 hour ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Yep - subscribe to that 

image.thumb.png.30a52408b8e9428e7c1901e5ee4c1cd4.png

Once you know the details of the dye you automatically become a member of Bob's Beige Army of course. 

Good save on the Cat S as that was a very pretty looking car and rare to find. Perhaps that's why it isn't on eBay or Auto Trader. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, The-Acre said:

I hate black leather in Lexus, in most other cars you do not have a choice, but I would never buy a Lexus with Black leather, just my own (and the wife’s) personal choice... nothing more.

3 minutes ago, RgrWynne said:

I hate black leather in Lexus, in most other cars you do not have a choice, but I would never buy a Lexus with Black leather, just my own (and the wife’s) personal choice... nothing more.

So called leather in even expensive cars these days is not real leather. Mercedes call it Artico. It tends to be an artificial substance which tends not to wear well and loses its colouring rather quickly. Look out for the Lexus driver wearing a white shirt and getting out of his red leather interior.

He would not get a job with I.B.M.would he ?

I imagine that your leather interior Roger is still pristine.

Thanks John, actually my leather is still very good, despite the fact that I have not really taken the care I should , but I have cleaned and fed it !! Went  out in it today and hadn’t had a run it  for a while and needed to be used. Off down to Wolverhampton tomorrow , 120 return miles so clear out the cobwebs , looking forward to the drive 🤗

12 hours ago, RgrWynne said:

Thanks John, actually my leather is still very good, despite the fact that I have not really taken the care I should , but I have cleaned and fed it !! Went  out in it today and hadn’t had a run it  for a while and needed to be used. Off down to Wolverhampton tomorrow , 120 return miles so clear out the cobwebs , looking forward to the drive 🤗

Have a good trip ( down A41? )Roger.

My Dad used to take me to Wolverhampton once per season to visit Molineux and watch Wolves (my team, after Melchester Rovers ) play.

Happy,magical times.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202004289092744?onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&postcode=bt342na&model=SC 430&price-from=500&make=LEXUS&sort=relevance&page=1

VL .......this nearly meets your spec.....except for 99K milage , but that woud not be a deal breaker as the V8 3UZ-FE  is such a good engine.The timing belt would either need to have been changed or get a discount to cover it .

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links