Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wanted! SC430

Venetian Lucy

37 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Sounds positively intriguing.....'quite' well???????

Anyway, until I'm approved - or disapproved - it's moot

VL... I have just followed the post on the Blue /Cream Lexus that has been sold to Lexusman from a member on the other board. . My twopence worth is you could not do better than to consider buying it .if it is still available . You cannot beat knowing the history / ownership of any car . this is a gem !! ticks ALL your boxes . And I agree with Neil E . on the postabove

• Like 1

Message sent to the Lexusman as he has appeared working on another blue one. If he hasn't sold it, I would expect unclebob's to command a very good price. 

I've looked all around that car and it's as close to new condition as you could expect to find one of that age and mileage. I just wonder if someone has traded up to it and Rich has done the deal with an existing customer for a quick profit. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Neil E said:

Message sent to the Lexusman as he has appeared working on another blue one. If he hasn't sold it, I would expect unclebob's to command a very good price. 

I've looked all around that car and it's as close to new condition as you could expect to find one of that age and mileage. I just wonder if someone has traded up to it and Rich has done the deal with an existing customer for a quick profit. 

Its worth paying the extra "few bob" no pun intended!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Nice to hear people being so positive about my old car and in my biased opinion 😉 probably the best available 👍🏻
why have I sold ? The corona virus has had a major impact on my family life and as the car was just for shows, meets and the odd sunny day, it was luxury I can’t justify this year .

Think my thread on the LW covers the cars history from end to end but if you have any questions..fire away 👍🏻👍🏻

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Venetian Lucy said:

It says I'm waiting for approval.....  could be a long wait!!!!!!

Two guys deal with the admin both have busy day jobs ...so hang in there 👍🏻

• Like 2

It has to be sad to see a much cherished car go, but the next owner will certainly be getting a jewel!  The helpfullness everyone here has shown to me is unbelievable.... the praise of your lovely car is completely credible.... hopefully I will get a chance to see it for real.  I'll be in contact if things work in my favour.

• Like 3

Hi Bob, I still haven't got over the shock but of course the decision makes good sense. 

I haven't seen one better than your SC430. It's the best colour combo and in the best condition any one could hope for.  We have of course appointed you chief judge for the next meet whenever this Covid nonsense is finished with. 

Lucy, hopefully they will get you into LW shortly and we can find out from the Lexusman what the status of the car is. If you don't get this one, he might find you another.

Buying cars is usually eventful. I was trying to replace mine with an RCF a few months ago but it has to be the right one, I've given up for now.   

• Like 2

Am I alone in thinking the post 2012 Lexus design ethos was akin to making a Thunderbirds car look alike . I so hate the gaping mouth of the Lexus's after 2012 . So much so I left Lexus as a brand after being invited to the new range launch in 2012.That was after driving them since 2004. Thankfully there are still the likes of the SC around as a appetiser for me. One of the best looking of all time and unique. 

Hurrah!  Suddenly the 'waiting for approval' message disappeared (but no email) and I saw the video of Bob's car - how absolutely stunning she is!  However the site wouldn't allow me to ask for details until I'd started an introductory thread.... so 2 messages have gone now to Lexusman - my introductory thread and a second asking for details..... think I'm the first to request so hopefully that puts me at the head of the queue.....  will keep you posted.... trying to contain my excitement!

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Hurrah!  Suddenly the 'waiting for approval' message disappeared (but no email) and I saw the video of Bob's car - how absolutely stunning she is!  However the site wouldn't allow me to ask for details until I'd started an introductory thread.... so 2 messages have gone now to Lexusman - my introductory thread and a second asking for details..... think I'm the first to request so hopefully that puts me at the head of the queue.....  will keep you posted.... trying to contain my excitement!

Stand by your beds boys !

• Haha 1

Saw the video on the other board. It is a stunning motor . I hope whoever buys it appreciates the care and attention Bob put into it .IfI  was a millionaire I would buy it back for Bob to continue with it. But alas that is not the case . I think if Lucy is the new owner she will do it proud . We all deserve a shot of her going down Pall Mall in it !😈

35 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Behave!!

You jump to conclusions unnecessarily young lady.

It is an old Army term meaning "Get ready for inspection lads!"

No doubt you will be viewing soon.

One trusts that an appropriate apology will follow in due course?

34 minutes ago, nicnac said:

Saw the video on the other board. It is a stunning motor . I hope whoever buys it appreciates the care and attention Bob put into it .IfI  was a millionaire I would buy it back for Bob to continue with it. But alas that is not the case . I think if Lucy is the new owner she will do it proud . We all deserve a shot of her going down Pall Mall in it !😈

One thinks that going up Pall Mall would be more appropriate !

• Like 1

Well it's a long, long, long time since I was young..... but if you want to stand by your beds, hold onto your hats or any other expression that denotes anticipating a lively transaction.... this is the place.

And up or down Pall Mall I shall be wearing a tiara!!!!

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Well it's a long, long, long time since I was young..... but if you want to stand by your beds, hold onto your hats or any other expression that denotes anticipating a lively transaction.... this is the place.

So have you sealed the deal ?

Rich has messaged me and asked me what I want to know - I replied 'everything' and I expect he'll get back to me tomorrow.... nobody else has expressed interest yet....  busy watching Bob's thread from when he first bought her which is fascinating and awe-inspiring.... his attention to detail is absolutely amazing.  All I know is whoever gets that car is one lucky, lucky person.

2 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

Rich has messaged me and asked me what I want to know - I replied 'everything' and I expect he'll get back to me tomorrow.... nobody else has expressed interest yet....  busy watching Bob's thread from when he first bought her which is fascinating and awe-inspiring.... his attention to detail is absolutely amazing.  All I know is whoever gets that car is one lucky, lucky person.

Yes I agree. Its ideal for someone who wants purely to own and drive it . ie 😇you !!! I on the other hand like to put my own mark on a car and do my own anti-deterioration and work . That's what gives me the buzz. I then look at the car and admire my efforts . Its a man thing . That's why I would not go for an already perfect car like Bobs. Strange isnt it ?Just hope you get it . 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Venetian Lucy said:

So do I.....

Its easy ................ Because its THIS car .......... ask him what he needs to get for it . !!! if you want to pay that price , tell him and put a deposit on it immediately before he changes his mind or gets a better offer . Job done ! you will never find a car that you know more about its pedigree . I don't think Lexusman will rub it in as Bob is still about . 

• Like 1

How exciting, I always wanted a blue one but couldn't find the right one.  

2 hours ago, Venetian Lucy said:

The SC community is very young at heart and a little wild in spirit but most would need a lot of notice if things are threatening to get 'lively.' Walking sticks and frames would need to be found and polished. Pall Mall might be a stretch but we could fit right in wearing red at the Tower.🤣

• Haha 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links