Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

On 5/29/2020 at 9:51 AM, Malc said:

maybe an autoelectrician could help  ?

Malc

thanks Malc

I have done some more homework and decided to obtain another overhead console and replace the sunroof switch!

i'll update with the results

I had a couple of issues on the sunroof of my LS400, albeit not the same symptoms as yours. I dismantled the switch, which is really quite basic, and it was fine. However, when I replaced the control module correct operations were reinstated.

• 2 years later...

I am lost as to what to do with my 01 ls430s sun roof. I had the common problem of it opening on its own. That's how it started. Then it's seal started to pop out some in the back right corner. This developed more over time and now it will not even open. Only will tilt. And now occasionally when you try to close it from the tilt position it will retilt open. I now have it closed with the fuse pulled to keep it from getting worse. It looks like the seal is actually more in then it should be on the left side now. And the cars diagnostic system thinks that the sun roof is open when it's definitely as closed as it gets. No water is getting in but want to get it fixed before that changes. Any idea where to start would be greatly appreciated 

Welcome to this forum Aden

.........wonder if Dave above solved his problem  ??

and would an autoelectrician be able to ponder the issue for you ?

Best wishes

Malc

Thank you for the reply Malc! I should mention I have already replaced the sunroof switch. So this is not the issue, something is causing the sunroof to be slightly off center but I cannot open it to check the tracks

It looks like the mechanism is faulty and to address that you will need to drop the roof lining, even if you were able to get it to open there is no access from the top.When you have identified the issue you can start to determine what parts you need and if you can get them.