Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

leather Cleaner/ Dye.... Seats

Hello to you all......I want to clean the seats in my Lexus ls400....I have looked on eBay and can see that there are several shades of Grey ...Light/Medium/ Dark cleaner/ Dye.....Can anyone tell me which is the correct shade...................Thanks again to you all......Hope this lock down is not getting to much for you.....CHEERS

I'd personally recommend you use a cleaner and then a conditioner without dye. If it still needs dye then wait until you can take it to a professional who can mix the colour to take into account and fading over time etc. 

• Like 1

Mine has a grey interior, which the handbook calls Westminster Grey. However, that's not much help because if you need to renovate certain areas it would be best, in my opinion, to get some dye mixed to match the original colour.

I am just starting the process of renovating my interior, which has sun damage, water damage, mould marks and cracking, but hopefully all treatable, to a greater or lesser degree.

I had some "Touch Up Dye" mixed by this company:

http://www.staingard.co.uk/

I sent them a cover from one of the rear head rests and asked them to match it from the underneath, where the sun hasn't got to it, and the match appears to be good.

I noticed the dye is actually a Gliptone product.

You will need a leather cleaner and some protection cream, so perhaps speak to them on 01244 888658.

I have successfully used similar products from Nuera Products Ltd, but they closed at the moment.

On the other hand, if your seats are just grubby, then @ColinBarber's suggestion is the one to follow.

It helps to agitate the leather cleaner to release the dirt, a shaving brush with the fine bristles does a great job without causing damage because it limits the amount of pressure you can apply

Work a small area at a time in a circular motion and wipe off immediately with a clean microfibre cloth before it dries.

image.jpg

• Like 1

Many owners have had great results with these guys.

https://www.liquidleather.co.uk/-c48/dyes-c91/leather-touch-up-kit-65ml-p153

Perfect colour match to the original in my car but as explained above the seat colour changes with age and sunlight etc. If you buy enough to do all of the upholstery, take plenty of time and care in the process and it's possible to get excellent results. 

41 minutes ago, Neil E said:

Many owners have had great results with these guys.

https://www.liquidleather.co.uk/-c48/dyes-c91/leather-touch-up-kit-65ml-p153

Perfect colour match to the original in my car but as explained above the seat colour changes with age and sunlight etc. If you buy enough to do all of the upholstery, take plenty of time and care in the process and it's possible to get excellent results. 

I have used this product and have had great results, if you want a perfect match cut a small piece from under the seat and send it too them!

• Like 1