Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

IS300H Air Con Not Working

Hi Folks,

The air con has stopped working for me in my 2014 IS300H.

The air con light comes on but no cold air from the vents, the air is cool but not cold.

I had an issue last week where the Battery died and I needed to get it charged by the AA to get the car going again.

I'm am 99% sure the air con was working before this, so not sure if its connected in any way?

Any suggestions please?

Normally if there is a major issue with the AC the light would flash or not come on, that and the fact that the air is being cooled at least a little implies it is just low on refrigerant but not low enough for the system to shutdown.

Did you set the temp all the way end to low and allow enough time for the system to fully cool? I'm not aware of any initialisation that is required to make the system work after a disruption to the 12v supply.

Also make sure it isn't in ECO mode.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ColinBarber said:

Normally if there is a major issue with the AC the light would flash or not come on, that and the fact that the air is being cooled at least a little implies it is just low on refrigerant but not low enough for the system to shutdown.

Did you set the temp all the way end to low and allow enough time for the system to fully cool? I'm not aware of any initialisation that is required to make the system work after a disruption to the 12v supply.

Also make sure it isn't in ECO mode.

I actually was in Eco mode now that you say it. I just tried it there in normal mode and it does feel cooler but its night time now so could be just pulling in cool air from outside.

I will try again tomorrow when its warm, hopefully that was it!!

Never knew the AC wouldn't work in Eco Mode

• Like 1

I actually was in Eco mode now that you say it. I just tried it there in normal mode and it does feel cooler but its night time now so could be just pulling in cool air from outside.
I will try again tomorrow when its warm, hopefully that was it!!
Never knew the AC wouldn't work in Eco Mode

It’s not that it doesn’t work in Eco mode, it’s just not as good at dealing with high outside temps in my experience

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

FYI I use Eco mode all the time and my AC is ice cold. There may be an upper limit on how warm outside Eco mode can cope with, I know my previous Toyota Auris struggled in last year's scorcher 38c day and I used recycle mode periodically (I didn't remember Eco mode reduced compressor capacity at the time) but even then we were kept cool enough.

• Like 1

So tried it again yesterday on a hot day and it doesn't work in Eco or Normal mode. 

I thought I was getting some kind of cool(ish) air on the AC setting but I think I was getting the very same when the AC was off and just using the fan.

I drove the car for 20 mins with the AC on to give it time to cool down but didnt work so I appear to have an issue. 

Anything else I can try myself or is it a job for the garage?

There’s a YouTube video of a guy from the States, he contacted Lexus, and spoke to the rep in Vietnamese, who was overly helpful, he was advised to try something at home. Disconnect the negative on the Battery for 10 mins then just turn the car on but don’t start the engine. It will reinitialise. To his surprise it fixed it straight away. Seems far fetched but he had a number of followers.

22 minutes ago, TrevAB said:

There’s a YouTube video of a guy from the States, he contacted Lexus, and spoke to the rep in Vietnamese, who was overly helpful, he was advised to try something at home. Disconnect the negative on the battery for 10 mins then just turn the car on but don’t start the engine. It will reinitialise. To his surprise it fixed it straight away. Seems far fetched but he had a number of followers.

As I said in the first post, I was nearly sure the AC was working before the Battery went dead recently and needed to be charged so this could possibly make sense.

What risks are there by disconnecting the negative from the Battery for 10 mins? 

• Like 1

Your air mixer mechanism could be a little 'confused' as this diverts either hot or cold air. Best to disconnect the Battery as suggested above for 10 mins and the ECU for the HVAC system could reset. Apart from losing radio station memory and a few custom settings there is no harm in disconnecting the Battery.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Finally removed the Battery to try this but its still the same.

There is no cold or even cool air at all coming out, especially on a day like today where its about 24 degrees C.

Any ideas?

Finally removed the battery to try this but its still the same.

There is no cold or even cool air at all coming out, especially on a day like today where its about 24 degrees C.

Any ideas?

I would have the system leak checked, from there you can either recharge the system or replace whatever has caused the leak and regas

Or if it is full then you know you are looking at a faulty component

Mine today is lovely and cold, even with the car on eco setting

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links