Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Due to a change of circumstances I have to sell my 430, I hope it is alright to post that here, it is advertised in the for sale section with full details but when I browse this forum I always miss the for sale section, just didn't want a member missing out if someone is looking for one..!! Thanks

2119779792_Photo29-06-2018145743.thumb.jpg.f4a6854a95c37873930da63b4ceeeda4.jpg

1 hour ago, Haylands said:

Due to a change of circumstances I have to sell my 430, I hope it is alright to post that here, it is advertised in the for sale section with full details but when I browse this forum I always miss the for sale section, just didn't want a member missing out if someone is looking for one..!! Thanks

2119779792_Photo29-06-2018145743.thumb.jpg.f4a6854a95c37873930da63b4ceeeda4.jpg

I've pmd you, I can't see it in the for sale section

1 hour ago, The-Acre said:

And why would that be young man?

Hi Phil and thanks for the difficult question------I would have preferred "who scored the goal? "

My view is that ;

*at current prices petrol is very cheap (not quite 2/6 per gallon, but heading that way ), more demand therefore for petrol than LPG 

*LPG vehicles cannot use Channel Tunnel

* current LPG drivers likely to express more interest than new LPG drivers.

I wish him well with the sale as he deserves a good price for his considerable efforts.

I hope it goes to a Member rather than a car shark !!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Farqui said:

Sorry to hear this Peter

Thanks you but don't be sorry, the change in circumstance is a good one and I can now afford to buy what I have wanted for a while...

A last of the L322 Range Rovers, this one a 5.0ltr Supercharged Autobiography...

Apparently the Lexus is nearly as reliable...😂

876345084_Photo21-05-2020142055.thumb.jpg.8418719e6accf22f662512963e37e47e.jpg

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Shahpor said:

And here's me putting a sad face reaction on your original post! :smile:

Nice to see a good reason for selling a car for once.

He`ll have to sell all of his assets and book all of his future spare time to maintain that Leviathan.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

John,

You are behind the times, Sir.

LPG vehicles can now go through the Channel Tunnel.  Camper vans are using it.

one learns something every day Stu.

Phil will have my xxxxxxxx for that one !

• Thanks 1

Not so Stuart / @runsgrateasanut...according to the Eurochunnel website;

Vehicles powered by LPG or equivalent flammable gas as well as dual powered vehicles (vehicles fitted with an LPG or equivalent flammable gas tank as an alternative fuel) cannot be accepted for transport by Eurotunnel Le Shuttle, even if:

• the LPG or equivalent flammable gas tank is empty
  • the LPG or equivalent flammable gas mode of the vehicle is not selected

Reference; https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/vehicles/fuel-types/

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Farqui said:

Not so Stuart / @runsgrateasanut...according to the Eurochunnel website;

Vehicles powered by LPG or equivalent flammable gas as well as dual powered vehicles (vehicles fitted with an LPG or equivalent flammable gas tank as an alternative fuel) cannot be accepted for transport by Eurotunnel Le Shuttle, even if:

• the LPG or equivalent flammable gas tank is empty
  • the LPG or equivalent flammable gas mode of the vehicle is not selected

Reference; https://www.eurotunnel.com/uk/travelling-with-us/vehicles/fuel-types/

Thanks Lee.

I did not do any checking I merely accepted the comments from what I took to be a wise old man. I shall have to stop doing that?

I would have checked the t&c before booking my next road trip to Spain.

i`ll stick another pin in Stu`s effigy !

• Haha 1

Ooops - I've scolded the Wife for mis-information! Well, she was partially right, on reflection Motor homes.

But, refer to http://www.southdownsmotorcaravans.co.uk/misc/motorhome_chunnel.php

PS Good job I've at last taken off that LPG Sticekr I had when the Plate was on the Merc, as hope to do our first Tunnel experience before too long - Pigs might fly!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, runsgrateasanut said:

Ooops - I've scolded the Wife for mis-information! Well, she was partially right, on reflection Motor homes.

But, refer to http://www.southdownsmotorcaravans.co.uk/misc/motorhome_chunnel.php

PS Good job I've at last taken off that LPG Sticekr I had when the Plate was on the Merc, as hope to do our first Tunnel experience before too long - Pigs might fly!

I am a seasoned Chunnel user Stuart, so if I can offer you any advice that might lead you off the straight and narrow, then be sure to ask !

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, royoftherovers said:

i`ll stick another pin in Stu`s effigy !

As its getting personal I'll put a Fizog image up so you can chose where to stick it- ha ha ha!

On the LS400 forum perhaps Members should put their photo up as a profile and not their cars. 

Just for a bit of fun.  Then it will be Geriatrics - NOT anonymous!

(although there may be a few young Beau's out there I suppose?)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

one learns something every day Stu.

Phil will have my xxxxxxxx for that one !

Not me sir, but pistols at dawn will suffice, trouble is, with the lockdown, I'm beginning to forget what dawn looks like!

• Like 1

Some people may not have been around long enough to know what a Haylands car means. Peter is an obsessive and talented fixer, so I imagine that everything normal people might find "acceptable" has been transformed into first-class. I would buy it sight unseen had I not made my big purchase last year. 

Jon

• Like 3