Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Care For My Lexus

Wrong forum mate, should have been inside and out.

I've been using a 1 litre bottle of Car Plan Triple Wash and Wax over the last year. Got the lex jus over 6 months ago washed it at least once a week and lots a washs on my primera got around 40/45 out the bottle. It did the job. No complaints really.

Was in the big H yesterday, stacks and stacks of shampoos, was gonna go for the cheapest, they are basically the same (i've been told STEVEaudioX :lol: ) . All of them looked gimmicky and overpriced, tuffer shampoo, clear, shampoo etc etc But one product that caught my eye after a while.

TURTLE WAX EXTREME

RAPID DRYING

WASH & WASH

-Streak Free Cleaning

-Virtually Elimates Towel Drying

-Deep Cleaning on Tough Grime (not that have much apart from bird **** which, attack instantly)

-Leaves a WATER REPELLENT film

£6.99 for a litre bottle,

Sounds too good to be true!!

Well I'm gonna try it in a bit, and will let you know later on.

Only downside, you have to use 3 capfuls per 10 litre bucket, whereas CarPlan was 1/4!!! lol

I have always used the Autoglym stuff, I have the polish and the super resin polish to give that glass like look, so I bought some of there shampoo, Crap! You just can get any kind of laver, it's like the Kaliber of the shampoo world!

I've only ever used the Autoglym stuff since I've had the Lexus but can't compare it as I've never used anything other than that or washing up liquid on my older cars (didn't realise it stripped wax and stuff straight off - d'oh!)

I've been happy with the Autoglym stuff as it's got everything off easily but if there's something better I'm up for giving it a go - I've still got shedloads of this stuff left though!

TURTLE WAX EXTREME

RAPID DRYING

WASH & WASH

£6.99 for a litre bottle,

Sounds too good to be true!!

REVIEW TIME,

Just wash the car in in the freezing slightly pouring cold, cant miss this opportunity when working from home.

-Streak Free Cleaning

Not really there was still some on the bonnet

-Virtually Elimates Towel Drying

Triplewash and wax, used to leave it quite dry, about 1/2 the water marks as before to wipe away.

-Deep Cleaning on Tough Grime (not that have much apart from bird **** which, attack instantly)

there was virtually no dirt on there before.

-Leaves a WATER REPELLENT film

Cant tell yet.

WILL I BUY IT AGIAN

Only if it keeps the car looking clean during/after the rain.

From a distance, cars looking shiny as anything.

Still tiny chips on front bumper and bonnet, :crybaby: and some scratches :crying:

Of course the guru oc car cleaning, Zee007 is correct. I have only recently been converted to this brand ....... Meguiars.

Previously I have beleived in Mer and more recently Autoglym, but having purchased a bumper box of Meguiars products recently can only tell how good they are ........ yes they are a bit more expensive than others but they are excellent .......... waiting for paint work to be fixed on my car before I use the Gold Wax but have already use:

Shampoo / Conditioner - most soap suds I've ever seen

Application pads - so good and you can wash in the machine

Drying cloth - unbelievable the amount of water it absorbs and holds and gives a streak free finish ( I used to use terry towels - yes nappies - but this cloth is better )

Tyre shine - so easy to apply and no overspray on the drive, 2 weeks on and the tyres are still shining

No connection etc., also read AutoExpress this week they have tested some of their products they seem to lose out only slightly on price ...... but if it saves time and gives a better finish ........

Hmmmmmm ....... me thinks cut and pace this onto their website ...... for owners reviews and I might get some freebies .......

www.meguiars.co.uk

Meguairs, defo. Believe me when i say i have tried every well known brand available and was a hardcore autoglm fan until i took advise from a previous lexus forum recommending the stuff. One word AWESOME, especially on black. Check out their website. Only problem i have found is the car is left looking so good you wont want to take it out of the garage and get it dirty.

No, no, no

The polish to use, which is only available to trade, is Neilsons Liquid Gold

It is pure polish with no abrasives - the shine/beading lasts forever, but still doesn't stop me polishing once a week!!

Sad..........

Another must, is RainX for the windows - great beading effect

• 5 weeks later...

Interestingly enough,

I bought some zymol products down in Endfield Halfords the otehr day (smelt nice) and it was the strangest experience (nasally and visually) using the shampoo and polisher.

Zymol products smell like ..rich cosmetics or I liken it to a facial for the car.

Once I cleaned the bloody car inside out and exteriorly about twice over, I laid down a polish of T cut black, followed by Autoglym extra gloss, and out of curiosity, tried out the zymol polisher.

It is a lot of hard arm work, but its quite fun and the results were pretty good.

I'll let you guys knwo how long it lasts as I tend to speed up and down the M1/M6 between London/Nuneaton for work purposes