Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

When is a full service not a full service?

m4rkw

Whilst I understand, and that is an admirable stance to take, it is not realistic for probably over 60% plus of us who are not mechanically minded. Lexus has repeatedly won major awards globally for it products, over many years .

i have had 2 GS 300’s, both covering nearly 200k miles and only serviced by a main dealer. Originally it was Holdcroft in Stoke who originally had the Franchise, and I can’t speak highly enough of how I was looked after. So after 400k without virtually any complaint, it does not suggest bad servicing. 
My wife has had 6 brand new Hondas, mainly CRV’s over the years, all main dealer serviced. I have never found a fault, but then again I have not looked too deeply. These cars have covered decent mileages and again, no problems except with the last one, air con compressor and alternator failure, both covered under warranty.

This does not suggest bad servicing. 
If you now look at the issue that started this blog, it was all about an air filter that had not been changed at 100k miles. I responded as to whether it was on the schedule, and later confirmed by Colin Barber that it wasn’t, so not even due to be changed, and neither was it charged for.
I would happily, and probably will, buy a new..ish Lexus in future and I would bet the house on it, that if I take it in for regular Dealer services as per the schedule, it will be an incredibly reliable vehicle for as long as I want to keep it.

There are bound for things to go wrong, life is not that simple, but to suggest the whole network, somehow can’t be trusted is palpably wrong.
All manufactures build vehicles with specs to cope with service items not being done. These vary by Country, and take account of human failings and 3rd World Standards and particularly some Eastern European that never service their cars.

That is my opinion, but I have neither the time or the inspiration to stand over a man while he does a service  and trust the brand that is Lexus for my future motoring needs, and think I a one of many,  Cheers, Roger

• Like 1

Lets also bear in mind that there was nothing overtly untoward here. The invoice didn't say the air filter had been replaced. It may simply be that they informed the customer that the air filter looked clean/new and asked them if they wanted them to replace it anyway, and the customer may have simply said no.

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links