Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ceramic coated & mods

Hi everyone, bought my GSF back in sept last year & has been in storage since, only just pulled it out this week as weathers been nice. Booked it in for a gold clean package at Voss in south wales. Ordered the Toms mirror & fender carbon trims & applied them too. Have spacers on so the rims sit nicely in line with bodywork, especially the rears make it look more aggressive. Going to get the front end PPF protected. Heres a few pics. Sorry should have taken some close ups. 

57921278-8266-442E-8C7A-6E299EA2FC27.jpeg

3ADF86BC-0E28-4649-AC2D-D5A48408E88F.jpeg

9ACBFC58-F7BA-4E3A-A7A0-00467D3D161B.jpeg

F67C0346-BE1A-4B33-865C-53D15CD6865D.jpeg

8EDF03E8-1331-42C2-AF47-6E40D4AF2406.jpeg

• Like 3

It looks lovely. You must be very pleased. 
Were the wing mirror covers difficult to fit? I would be interested in seeing some close up of the mirrors.    

On another note, did you manage to get your deposit back from the Blue GSF at Praters?   It was featured in a Piston Heads article  in November but I wonder if anyone had bought it? 

Yes after a lengthy battle they did finally return it. The owners last words to me were if you cant afford a car of this calibre stop dreaming & wasting our time which made me LOL 🤣🤣🤣

it was still up for sale for quite some time afterwards, then vanished. Thy had reduced the price down to 36k so maybe someone not knowing any history of the car snapped it up. 

3 hours ago, Taz_11 said:

Yes after a lengthy battle they did finally return it. The owners last words to me were if you cant afford a car of this calibre stop dreaming & wasting our time which made me LOL 🤣🤣🤣

it was still up for sale for quite some time afterwards, then vanished. Thy had reduced the price down to 36k so maybe someone not knowing any history of the car snapped it up. 

I remember that GSF, I seem to recall it had been re-sprayed on a few panels so I guess it had a shady past. I suppose ideally we want to buy a car with a full service history but wonder just how much you can ruin a car like the RCF/GSF? 

I would say a re spray on more than a few panels. More or less the whole front end & drivers side paint was way too sketchy. What really put me off was the front carbon splitter looked like a child had wrapped it in some cheap carbon bought from Halfords. Obviously must have had damage & couldnt replace it as i found out through Lexus just the splitter is over 2k alone... And the fact no service history at all just didnt stack up for me. Nevertheless ended up with a much loved GSF that has been pampered from day 1 from its last owner & now in even more safer hands 🙂

31 minutes ago, Taz_11 said:

I would say a re spray on more than a few panels. More or less the whole front end & drivers side paint was way too sketchy. What really put me off was the front carbon splitter looked like a child had wrapped it in some cheap carbon bought from halfords. Obviously must have had damage & couldnt replace it as i found out through Lexus just the splitter is over 2k alone... And the fact no service history at all just didnt stack up for me. Nevertheless ended up with a much loved GSF that has been pampered from day 1 from its last owner & now in even more safer hands 🙂

It does sound very suspect, still at least you found a good one. I'm tempted to resurrect the thread on Pistonheads just to see what happened. 

Some one on here spotted that car and posted a photo of it next to there’s in a car park, before the car was for sale at Praters. They noted that the windscreen was cracked and the back bumper also had some damage iirc. Such a shame. Clearly the previous owner had more money than sense or it was just a lease car. 

Well i don't know how much truth is in it but the owner of Prater wouldn't budge below 37k & said i don't need to as i can just send the car back to Lexus as its coming to the end of its lease plan & we can get 37k through lexus. Doesn't make Much sense if they refunded my deposit & still tried to sell the car below 37k months on. Such a shame as it was a lovely color with cream interior. 

8 hours ago, F.A. said:

Some one on here spotted that car and posted a photo of it next to there’s in a car park, before the car was for sale at Praters. They noted that the windscreen was cracked and the back bumper also had some damage iirc. Such a shame. Clearly the previous owner had more money than sense or it was just a lease car. 

Good memory :smile:

Tis was indeed me and here the thread started:

You can see the damage to the bumper in the second picture.

Unfortunately, it did look a little worse for wear, but nothing that a little TLC couldn't sort out.

• Like 1

On 5/31/2020 at 10:25 PM, Taz_11 said:

Well i don't know how much truth is in it but the owner of Prater wouldn't budge below 37k & said i don't need to as i can just send the car back to Lexus as its coming to the end of its lease plan & we can get 37k through lexus. Doesn't make Much sense if they refunded my deposit & still tried to sell the car below 37k months on. Such a shame as it was a lovely color with cream interior. 

I remember reading somewhere that that dealer should be avoided at all costs.

From the various posts I've read about returning leased cars the inspection is pretty thorough so can't imagine this car would attain a decent price at the end of the lease.