Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just curious, I watched a video the other day on YouTube about a bloke in the US with a LS400 and the chap was saying his car was rare as it did not have a sunroof.
My LS430 has none and while I don't think its that rare how many LS430 owners here have no sun roof? 

2 hours ago, royoftherovers said:

Rare in the US ?

That's what he said - quoted something about when you ordered the LS over in the states the sunroof was standard and you had to tick a box to say you did not want one and most people seemingly wanted one. I'm only going by what they said in the video and its just curiosity on my part as I myself have not seen any LS430's over here for sale without a sunroof (like mine)   

5 minutes ago, BMCWP said:

That's what he said - quoted something about when you ordered the LS over in the states the sunroof was standard and you had to tick a box to say you did not want one and most people seemingly wanted one. I'm only going by what they said in the video and its just curiosity on my part as I myself have not seen any LS430's over here for sale without a sunroof (like mine)   

I don`t think that an LS430 in the UK without a sunroof is rare in the U.K. Brian.

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

Mine doesn’t have one but that is common in Japan as it helps prevent heat build up inside the car.

Same with me, no sunroof.  Not a bad thing either as I never use one and it's one thing less to cause problems!  

• Like 2

I was reading the other day that the weight of the glass of a panoramic moon roof is like having an extra passenger in the car permanently. Most people probably don't use them very often (me included) so really it's just unnecessary weight.

From what I have read sunroofs/moon roofs just create more problems. Allowing water to leak into the vehicle from either blocked drains or bad seals, rusting frames, mechanical and electrical failures to name just a few.

All models have AC so little point having one for extra ventilation. Gone are the days when you could open the sunroof then allow the kids to stand on the seats with their heads out of it whilst doing 5 MPH through Blackpool’s illuminations.

• Like 3

with garages and parking spaces so narrow these days I thought it was the auto-eject for when there's no room to open the doors :wink3:

Malc

• Like 1
  • Haha 1