Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pink coolant top up - what can I use?

Hi All,

Hoping this is just a quick one - the pinkish coolant in my 2014 IS300h at near the bonnet (I am assuming for the radiator) is getting close to minimum. 

I asked Lexus (as I have had the car under a year) what I should fill it with and if I should come and buy coolant direct from them to do it. They said it just needs any pink coolant.

Is that correct and if so would anybody suggest a brand to use?

Just for clarity the colour of the coolant running low is the same as the tank you see kind of in the middle of the engine (also pink).

Thanks

Ken 

My understanding was that you could mix different manufacturers of pink antifreeze. The trouble came when you tried to mix pink and blue/green as these are fundamentally a different make up of antifreeze

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

Ideally you should use the OEM Toyota SLLC coolant "supper long life coolant" available either ready mixed or in concentrate form. This is designed to last 10 years or 120,000 miles. You can order it of eBay. Do not worry if the coolant is low in the container as long as it is above minimum. It will be ok to use the car until the new fluid arrives.
You can use some water to lift the level a little if you are really concerned. The amount required will not seriously dilute the coolant as a one off fix till you are able to refill with the correct fluid.

John.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...