Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

June 9th - 2021 Lexus IS

This is exactly what I've been saying in my rants.. Lexus' current trajectory is sleepwalking into oblivion.. last night still seeing TV ads with Self charging, no plugging in..  At the oment what we are seeing n the UK/EU,  Lexus just do not get it.. either that or they have something up their sleeves.. from what we sre seeing on the surface. they have no clue..

• Like 1

Reading our reasoning, if you think about it, it is quite incredible that a car manufacturer has customers who would be willing to remain customers, but they find themselves forced to discuss what other brand to choose, because their favorite model is deliberately excluded from their market and is not offer no alternative possible.

In the end, excluding the SUVs or crossovers that really don't interest me, I certainly would like to drive an ES if I was certain that it is a vehicle that respects the quality paradigms of Lexus, but it seems that this model has failed in its primary purposes.

Has anyone ever wondered why?

Even my dealer isn't enthusiastic about recommending it.

I think it's incredible.

If we consider this, we continue to wonder what sense it makes to push customers on ES, which in my opinion (certainly in Italy) in all probability sells less than IS and cancel a sedan with a perfect price range to run certain type of customers from EU/UK market.

For this reason, in times of confusion, the market teaches that customers move towards those who demonstrate that they have the pulse of the situation and not towards those who seem confused and with unclear ideas.

But I would expect the unclear ideas from brands that have always followed Toyota and not one of the largest manufacturer in the world.

But I can tell you that in any case, there is an anecdote that I like to remember.
A Japanese friend of mine had been commissioned by Toyota a couple of years ago to do an analysis on the infotaiment system and on updating the graphics of the navigation system ... after working a year she resigned because she was going crazy: nobody wanted to listen to it, nobody wanted to change even a single element.

Yet we all know that the Lexus Navigation system is not at the forefront, not even in the resolution, in the fonts, or in stupid things that can be easily updated but which make sense in the context.

It would seem that they are so anchored to old patterns that perhaps the problem arises right within the heads of current management who cannot consolidate all the exceptional and wonderful work done to date.

I have been there before after driving many years of SAAB. I wanted to continue, felt really comfortable with the brand, thought it had the right image for me liked the quirkyness of the cars and so on. Unfortunately we all know how that ended.

4 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Cris i fully agree. I really would like to stick to the brand but i left already currently driving a Volvo. After an IS250 and 300H i wanted to stay with Lexus but did not want another 300H and could not find another model to my liking. Tried the NX but found it underpowered, tried an XC 40 and that was that. Now again in 1.5 yrs it will be time to change vehicle and yes i would like to come back to Lexus. But what model? The position in the market has changed for Lexus. 10yrs ago the 250 was a car that stood out from the competition with buildquality and especially NVH. Those were the usp of Lexus but no longer. Apart from beeing exclusive i struggle in finding what Lexus stands for nowadays, what does it offer the competition can or does not offer, no idea really. As i dont like the German brands i will be eying Tesla as well.

Im sure you wont find a 300hp NX450h+ plug in underpowered 😉

As for various posts regarding Tesla model 3 and their sales - lets not forget that many of these sales are simply down to the cost of the vehicle being relatively reasonable and 100% allowance on company car users. Problem is, Ive seen more model 3's on the road than the new 3 series! 

I think most of us are here because we don't want to drive the same grey car as everyone else, and many Lexus buyers who won't necessarily go on forums or are any kind of enthusiasts, are the same. 

From what I know, and the models that are coming soon - Lexus have got some new models up their sleeves (including the return of the GS......)

• Like 4

34 minutes ago, rayaans said:

From what I know, and the models that are coming soon - Lexus have got some new models up their sleeves (including the return of the GS......)

Now that is a scoop! what other models are in the pipeline Rayaans?

46 minutes ago, rayaans said:

I think most of us are here because we don't want to drive the same grey car as everyone else, and many Lexus buyers who won't necessarily go on forums or are any kind of enthusiasts, are the same. 

Let's hope they offer also for us in EU!

3 hours ago, rayaans said:

You have been saying this almost since I joined the forum and got our IS 🙂

I'm hoping our IS replacement wouldn't be for a while yet, which will allow us to save up. The Taycan looks amazing but the price range is crazy, the e-Tron GT might be more affordable. If Audi can deliver this design in production form it'll be a very hard to resist, and my be our first ever VAG product. 

A1814539_blog.jpg?1582474723

5 hours ago, rayaans said:

Im sure you wont find a 300hp NX450h+ plug in underpowered 😉

As for various posts regarding Tesla model 3 and their sales - lets not forget that many of these sales are simply down to the cost of the vehicle being relatively reasonable and 100% allowance on company car users. Problem is, Ive seen more model 3's on the road than the new 3 series! 

If the GS returns, lets hope it rerturn to be the RWD saloon that covers oith GS/IS.. my guess it wil be full EV when it returns.. or maybe FC if it ever takes off..

8 hours ago, dutchie01 said:

Now that is a scoop! what other models are in the pipeline Rayaans?

There is 1 electric version of every model to come from what Ive heard. The GS is supposedly coming back as a more premium 4 door coupe to compete with the A7 and CLS. 

The UX300e is available to pre-order now. I suspect price will be around £47k for the Takumi. They went with the 54.3kwh Battery simply to keep costs down as research generally show those who buy EVs tend to use them as city/town driving anyway with low mileage. i.e. they expect 1 week out of a single charge. Im considering this for my wife as she doesn't do high miles and with the 100% allowance, its a good buying proposition.

There is yet another SUV coming to the Lexus lineup  - the concept came out a while ago but its more premium than the RX and supposedly going to have around 600hp (LC-F powertrain), to compete with Porsche Cayenne Coupe and BMW X6M 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ThomasD94 said:

What does everyone think of the new IS? I particular like the exterior lights and the new circular vents. Also seen they have a trackpad instead of a mousepad now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWm__jnX1BI

I love.

I really miss to have the possibility to buy one in Italy… I feel betrayed by Lexus.

I think the design I improved and I like they take some detail form the RC.

I am not sure if I like interiors with the "tablet" screen so intrusive and the round air vents, not a big fan of the touchpad also.

So apart from the interiors that I need to understand... for me is probably the best IS ever designed on this platform.

Let see what will be happen in the future when the totally made a new IS.

• Like 1

I really like that - I think they've got the stance spot on. 

Its a huge shame they're not bringing it to Europe - I can see these selling very well. Id be first in the queue!

• Like 2

i like the look of it.. the product is tweeked for performance

Well Townsend Bell is encouragingg USA enthusicaste to feedback concerning an ISF. Will they listen to EU/Uk enthusiasts ifpeople make a noise.. I can see why they dropped this release here.. without the shackles of EU/Uk regulations.. they cam tweak alot of the design and compnents for increased performance, For emmisions regulations, they don't have a PHEV package that fits in the IS body (my view) , befitting of the tweeks that hae been made for what essentially is a compact sports saloon/sedan, if they had I don't think it would be dropped so easily here.. Here's hoping a new generation that comes after this can allow the IS to return to the EU.UK with an appropriate powertrain, returning to the roots of an IS , In sportyness, looks, perfomance as well as with efficiency. Current generation IS has been about looks and efficiency only.

This looks like a very expensive facelift, something much further than new bumpers and lights. So, i wondered, why is this not available in the EU? After all that cost one would expect to maximize sales?

Am i right in saying it is no longer available in Hybrid?  Did they ditch the IS300H?  i can only find the 2.0 turbo and the 3.0 v6 as available engines. Could that be the reason they dont offer it overhere?

And suppose they would have and offer the IS300H. Where would that leave the ES with thesame powertrain? Am i right in saying ES sales would be killed instantly?

• Like 1

the new IS really hasnt changed enough since its a NEW IS and not a facelift,

i wouldn't be getting excited and ordering one i'd probably just buy a newer version of my 17 plate.

my likes are :-

front grill, door mirrors, rear arches, slim C pillar

dislikes :-

the red light bar across the back end

I'm a little underwhelmed too. Give me better phone integration, a more up to date infotainment system, the ability to change indicator flashes via a menu option and not some weird combination of wiper flicks, and a GPS controlled clock, and I'd be consider one if they ever make it over here. It doesn't look that different from the 3IS to the Average Joe.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links