Just to show the effects of Collinite.  The paint on this car is exceptional. 

9FEFC0E2-65DF-4345-A120-E75424835DC8.jpeg

540663A0-5785-43A7-916D-872755E97B00.jpeg

• Like 1

Very good. Used to use the Collinite stuff years ago. The boat wax one. 476? Bit too much like hard work now :biggrin: but it must be lovely to use on a new or nearly new car.

Excellent product and great finish.

Which one did you use? My favourite is Collinite 915 Marque D'Elegance, the effort is well rewarded.

I am another who uses Collinite 915. Great product that lasts a long time.

I use Meguairs ultimate polish as a base for the Collinite and always impressed with the finish.

Very nice, the Mesa Red looks great when properly clean and in the sunshine 👍

I guess like many others I started off using products like Collinite years ago when I first started getting into detailing. No doubt it gives a long lasting finish, and it's strong on the VFM scale as a pot lasts for years...and years...

However, time has moved on and there are plenty of other products around that give as good, or better, finish with less effort. I must have 10-15 (should do an inventory really!) wax, polish and sealant products from the expensive (Swissvax) to the mundane (Megs) with lots in between, and TBH most do a great job with the right preparation and you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. C'est la vie - I've found it's really easy to see a better finish when you've 'invested' more money in a product!

• Like 3

Yes, whether that investment is time, money or effort the more spent the 'better' the results. 

I've moved on since getting my RC with its ceramic coating. I use Meg's Xpress spray wax as it can be applied to a wet car, saves one wipe over. In between washes, to de-dust, I use Meg's Last Touch. Both products bought by the gallon. Cheap, easy and works!

That said I have on occasion gone over the horizontal surfaces with Meg's Ultimate liquid wax, just as extra protection against bird lime. 

• Like 2

Fairy liquid and a sponge or if I'm pushing the the boat out I'll go for the £1.50 minicab offer at the local IMO.

• Like 2

On 6/3/2020 at 11:03 AM, rich1068 said:

Fairy liquid and a sponge or if I'm pushing the the boat out I'll go for the £1.50 minicab offer at the local IMO.

Barbarian 😉

• Like 2