Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Boot Operation 2007 IS250

I have a lovely low-mileage 2007 IS250 and have owned it for three years. However, what has always puzzled me is the operation of the boot lid. It seems quite heavy to open by hand, and appears to have some sort of hydraulic 'feel' to it as I open it. Is the boot operation automatic, and I don't know about it? Thanks for your advice!

I have the same model, and yes the boot is quite heavy to open as i don't think it has any electric assist to it.

The newer IS models have the assist and its not heavy as i went to try one out.

Take a scroll down though this comprehensive post. 

You'll see ( a fair way down) some boot struts itemised...a bit further on a link and another bit further on you will see a picture.

I dare say your struts have become a little tired over the years.

Replace the struts, relatively easy job, purchased from eBay

I did this on my IS250 2006 boot now lifts with only a little effort and closes without slamming 

'Slucky' & 'Edward in Somerset'  your struts are worn and need replacing after all these years, I replaced mine soon after I got my 250 3 years ago ( 2007 year car with 37,000 miles at the time, so they must just fatigue as they were Deffo not over-used) and now it zooms up ( but not from just unlocking the catch) and it needs a firm pull to get it down to close as opposed to the 'Guillotine' it was before!

Got mine from SGS Engineering and quite easy to fit, Note: only remove/replace One at a time as if you remove both old ones you will experience the guillotine up close and personal !!! ....Do Ask!

paul m.

You've made me think about the boot on my GS now. I know the bonnet struts are tired (I have a perfect length of mop stale that solves that problem) but the boot is a nightmare. Guillotine as you say. And with the spoiler it's a nasty rattly bang if you're not careful.

Apologies to trouble you once again, but I've looked into sourcing the gas struts and hitting a small snag. Can anybody let me have either the Lexus Part Numbers or (preferably) the gas strut number for the boot operation on my 2007 IS250? I tried all the usual online outlets (Amazon/e-Bay/Google) but oddly enough, no luck to date. I also made contact with SGS in Derby, who are one of the major UK gas strut suppiers, but they advise me they don't stock that type. Thank you, in advance, for any assistance you can render.

I had same problem with SGS as there computer informs them that they do not stock this item for IS250

in fact they do it is

there was reference to this 2017 Lexus owners club forum 2017

www.sgs-engineering.com/car-boot-tailgate/lexus /is/gsc2655-lexus-is300-boot-strut

I replaced mine on is250 2006 in 2017 cost £52-78 for pair

hope this helps

Mike

• Like 1