Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Farewell to my IS 250

So today is time to say farewell to my much loved IS 250 second gen 56 Reg, and start a new journey with the IS 300H F Sport 63 Reg

Would love to know what you all think. Thanks

🙏

5 minutes ago, Slucky said:

So today is time to say farewell to my much loved IS 250 second gen 56 Reg, and start a new journey with the IS 300H F Sport 63 Reg

🙏

How long have you had it?

Buy it new?

How many miles have you covered in it?

Why are you letting it go?

Full service history.

There is /was so much more you could have added Lucky.

Hi John,

Had it for 3 years, bought it used. Its only covered 75K miles. Full S/H with Lexus 

I guess its time to upgrade, more for fuel cost.

As the 250 was averaging around 29mpg.

12 minutes ago, Slucky said:

Hi John,

Had it for 3 years, bought it used. Its only covered 75K miles. Full S/H with Lexus 

I guess its time to upgrade, more for fuel cost.

As the 250 was averaging around 29mpg.

Thanks L.

All of that makes it an interesting proposition for a potential new owner.

It`s going to cost you an awful lot of money to save a relatively small amount on fuel,but if you can afford it and you want to and you are not placing a lower priority on something that a member of your family would place much,much higher, then go for it and enjoy it and don`t forget to give us a full report with piccies, then off you jolly well go!

56 minutes ago, Slucky said:

Thanks John, i can see you own a GS 450H.

Had my eye on on of those for a while. What is the actual mpg you get?

27/30  around town.(brim to brim)

35-40 on a trip, Wirral to St Andrews, Wirral to Hanover (brim to brim)

On board computer says 35 which equates to approx 33(brim to brim)

My first car, a Morris Minor gave me 33 in 1965, so I am content given that it;

Could not use unleaded fuel

Did not have a V6 engine

Could not accelerate to 155mph, or do 0-60 in 5.9

did not have linear acceleration.

I have been quoted several times as saying that driving a GS450h is like being the Captain of Concorde and Captain of the Starship Enterprise...at the same time!

Do enjoy your new car and do please keep us all posted.

2 hours ago, Slucky said:

🙏

"I think"  that the 250 is the best car I've ever had in all my motoring years so it would be nice to know what you think and to give a resume of it from your ownership for any potential new owners all the plus points and the negative.

paul m.

30 minutes ago, Texas said:

"I think"  that the 250 is the best car I've ever had in all my motoring years so it would be nice to know what you think and to give a resume of it from your ownership for any potential new owners all the plus points and the negative.

paul m.

Paul,

I have never had an IS250.

All i know about them is perhaps 4/5 years ago Honest John (HJ) CALLED IT THE MOST RELIABLE CAR ON THE PLANET, albeit a bit thirsty and who am I to argue with him ? 

33 minutes ago, Texas said:

paul m.

Hi Paul , Yes i do agree with you. The IS 250 is one of the best cars out there.

The V6 is super smooth and built like a tank. Look after it well and it will never give you a problem. 

Have driven to Germany and you don't notice how fast and silent its on the autobahn.

Cons:

Its a bit on the heavy side, wish it was few kgs lighter.

Bit thirsty, and living in London with start stop traffic doesn't help.

I’m in the market for a new car and have my eye on a 2006 IS250 (2.5 SE-L) with only 23,000 miles. I’m from the USA and Lexus/Toyota are known for both their popularity and reliability. That said, I’ve never owned one and am very interested. Can anyone provide insight into this particular car? Is it worth buying at just under £7k?

If it's the one I've seen on Autotrader then it looks like a very nice car. I'd happily pay that so long as the service history is complete. One or two thousand miles a year is enough to keep it healthy I'd say. Looking at the MOT history it hasn't had periods of inactivity either.

Keep in mind though that as you point out Toyota/Lexus do have a reputation for reliability which means you can cast the net a little wider for higher mileage vehicles at a cheaper price.