Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

RX450h - What to look for ?

1 minute ago, Farqui said:

It's up to you if you put credit in the dealers abilities and both are being sold by dealers.

I would also take a close look at the condition as not all owners treat vehicles the same.

Online ads are a great guide but you really need to see the vehicles in person to make a judgement.

If the face lift worth the extra premium to you?  If may/may not give you back a few £'s when you sell if on later (unless you intend to keep it).

Agreed, do you the links to both cars BI1ng? We can have a proper look then 👍🏻

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, hprice1099 said:

Arrr I see your dilemma, are you wanting cream leather? 

Facelift car has no nav, screen is smaller which is why rear camera screen is in rear mirror, and there there is no remote touch. Doesn't appear to have luggage cover either (make sure you are sitting down when you check the price of a new one) 18 inch wheels so maybe better ride than 19 inch?

The pre facelift is from a dealer so you will get a warranty, it's been sale on since 7th March, needs tyres and and suspension, but could always negotiate those as part of deal. They have a few RX for sale as well

40 minutes ago, hprice1099 said:

Arrr I see your dilemma, are you wanting cream leather? 

My wife prefers cream leather although it doesn't seem to wear well on Lexus's. They all see to have wear lines/cracking.

17 minutes ago, Prince Bob said:

Facelift car has no nav, screen is smaller which is why rear camera screen is in rear mirror, and there there is no remote touch.

The pre facelift is from a dealer so you will get a warranty, it's been sale on since 7th March, needs tyres and and suspension, but could always negotiate those as part of deal. They have a few RX for sale as well

Good spot, I didn't notice it didn't have Nav, I assumed they all did. No big loss as I prefer using Waze.

The facelift car puts me off because it appears to have a different tyre on each wheel !!

The dealer car is just an example. That seems to be the price point for 100k mile 2009 cars from a dealer

3 hours ago, Bl1ng said:

My wife prefers cream leather although it doesn't seem to wear well on Lexus's. They all see to have wear lines/cracking.

Good spot, I didn't notice it didn't have Nav, I assumed they all did. No big loss as I prefer using Waze.

The facelift car puts me off because it appears to have a different tyre on each wheel !!

The dealer car is just an example. That seems to be the price point for 100k mile 2009 cars from a dealer

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202006230429265?radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=11000&model=RX%20450H&year-from=2010&sort=year-desc&postcode=l149lr&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&make=LEXUS&page=1

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202003188559824?radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=11000&model=RX%20450H&year-from=2010&sort=year-desc&postcode=l149lr&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&make=LEXUS&page=1

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202006109994175?radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=11000&model=RX%20450H&year-from=2010&sort=year-desc&postcode=l149lr&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&make=LEXUS&page=1

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202001085922215?radius=1500&advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=11000&model=RX%20450H&year-from=2010&sort=year-desc&postcode=l149lr&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=Used&make=LEXUS&page=1

Couple more options for you, try hanggeling as its a buyers market.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2020 at 10:20 AM, Bl1ng said:

Thanks for the links @hprice1099

I think I will hold out for a pre-facelift SE-L without air suspension.

If you do see one in any colour other than silver or red, please let me know.

Good luck mate, a very rare car 👍🏻

23 minutes ago, hprice1099 said:

Good luck mate, a very rare car 👍🏻

Thanks. Agreed, although I saw three in teh last couple of weeks. Two before I know what to look for and one this week but it is silver which the wife definitely does not want !!

On 6/27/2020 at 10:20 AM, Bl1ng said:

Thanks for the links @hprice1099

I think I will hold out for a pre-facelift SE-L without air suspension.

If you do see one in any colour other than silver or red, please let me know.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202006150144953?fromSavedAds=true&advertising-location=at_cars

Blue! Nice mileage as well!

4 hours ago, Bl1ng said:

Thanks. Interesting that it is the same mileage but £2k more than the silver one Silver RX 450h SE-L

The blue one is a 59 plate but the silver is 09, so maybe 6 months older than the blue. The blue one also has a much nicer interior colour scheme too.

There's a tendancy to think 'Oh I'm in no rush so I'll wait to see if something else comes along' and sometimes that's not a bad thing.

However, even if the money is in the bank and there's no rush, if the right one comes along then there's just no point in waiting any longer because just maybe, nothing better will come along. If I was in the market for an RX450h of that sort of age, mileage and condition, I'd have the blue one tomorrow.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hprice1099 said:

Agreed, I think op wanted an SEL without air though. This example has been on sale since November, I wonder what's wrong with it?

I  like the look of that light blue one - don't see many in that colour.  As with my car  the seats and arm rests are in contrasting lighter colour which is nice.  Silver is best colour for not showing dirt so suggest if wife wishes to exclude it you get her to share cleaning!  It follows that the more colours, interiors you exclude you are going to restrict your choice.  However, some people, like me, place importance on colour and trim and it meant a lot of looking through ads and passage of time to find one that met this and other criteria.

You do pay more by purchasing through a Lexus main dealer but can probably get more support that way if a serious problem arises.

The blue one looks like it is in good condition.

I have shown it to the wife and she says it looks too much like silver and she thinks she has seen one in the past and doesn't like the colour.

If the light blue one was nearer, I would have driven her there to get a better look and maybe swing her opinion.

We are being very fussy as the choice looks to now be restricted to White, 'dark' Blue and Black !!!

Luckily, we are not in a hurry 🙄

6 hours ago, Bl1ng said:

If the light blue one was nearer, I would have driven her there to get a better look and maybe swing her opinion.

Just go anyway, it doesn't matter how far it is because a) you have to be prepared to travel for the right car, and b) what else have you got to do in these days of lockdown?

Just treat it as a relaxing trundle and enjoy. You don't even need to tell her where you're going, just say it's a mystery tour, look surprised when you get to the place and say, "Oh look what's here!" :thumbsup:

15 minutes ago, Herbie said:

Just go anyway, it doesn't matter how far it is because a) you have to be prepared to travel for the right car, and b) what else have you got to do in these days of lockdown?

Just treat it as a relaxing trundle and enjoy. You don't even need to tell her where you're going, just say it's a mystery tour, look surprised when you get to the place and say, "Oh look what's here!" :thumbsup:

I like your thinking...weekend day trip ! 

1 hour ago, steveledzep said:

I'd change the wife.....then change the car 😉.

Believe me, the thought has occurred a number of times, not just with the car 🙃

• Haha 1

A little off post but there could be a moral drawn from this story  if you thwart your wife.

One for the ladies

A married man left work early one Friday afternoon but instead of going home spent the weekend partying with the boys.  When he finally returned home on Sunday night, his wife went absolutely berserk and stayed in a mood for hours.  After 7 days of swearing and screaming his wife paused for breath, pointed at him and made him an offer.  "How would you like it if you didn't see me for a couple of days?"  The husband could't believe his luck, so he looked up, smiled and said "that would suit me just fine!"

Monday went by and he didn't see her. Tuesday and Wednesday went by and he still didn't see her.  Come Thursday, the swelling had gone down sufficient for him to see her a little out of the corner of his left eye! 

• Haha 4

Hey there

I am selling my RX450H

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/202005189389115

Call me via number on the add and let me know that you are from the Lexus club. Looking to get around 9.5k. Good condition and top spec. Just got a new shape 66 plate RX and I can tell you now, will miss the head up display and sunroof big time.

Thanks for letting me now about your car @Ainis

Unfortunately it has air suspension and it is also now too old to add a Lexus warranty on to protect against the risk of faults with the air suspension.

Good luck with the sale