Sign in to follow this  
PeterI

2020 RX450h wifi hotspot password

The 2020 RX has a builtin wifi hotspot and the car will connect to it but I've no idea what the password is for connecting other devices such as a laptop. I can't seem to find it anywhere in the menus, does anyone know where it is on UK spec RX?

Dealer doesn't seem to know at the moment (I think I might be the first to ask about this) and most of the how-to guides are for the older models.

There is supposed to be a 6 month 24Gb package with the car but I can't find anything on the website other than in the current RX brochure (which unhelpfully says see terms and conditions for more details) and I've no idea on pricing to extend it out.

At one level I don't particularly care as I have Mifi style dongle or use my phone but I'm intrigued to know more.

The details are meant to be stuck on the side of the glovebox which you can see when opened if fitted correctly. I don't believe these are fitted in the factory, more on import so hopefully they follow the installation procedures correctly.

1886084041_Screenshot2020-06-02at22_04_21.thumb.png.e0ff5739c5ef191a30d87bc1097a161a.png

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

The details are meant to be stuck on the side of the glovebox which you can see when opened if fitted correctly. I don't believe these are fitted in the factory, more on import so hopefully they follow the installation procedures correctly.

1886084041_Screenshot2020-06-02at22_04_21.thumb.png.e0ff5739c5ef191a30d87bc1097a161a.png

Ah I bet it's on the side of the glovebox you can't see from the drivers seat and my passenger side door is blocked (well it's possible if I risk some scratches) without moving the car. I'll have a look when I next drive somewhere.

Thanks.

Okay as suspected the wi-fi password is on the side of the glove box, the installation manual for the wi-fi box is "AIM 004 691 - 2" which I found on the Lexus tech website.

The wifi box lives in the boot on the drivers side:

4GWifi.thumb.jpg.d37f072a24a98c9afc81c101b16caa9b.jpg4GWifiPassword.thumb.jpg.9ac9739031b38dc62e5fd4c35ebaa3c6.jpg

Once I'd logged into the wi-fi hotspot I got a welcome page which says Lexus Link needs to be setup before the wi-fi is enabled, Lexus seemed to be having a bit of an issue with Lexus Link (dealer thinks this is now sorted) at the moment, so I may need to chase with the dealer if it doesn't sort itself out over the next few days.

What's confusing is the US enform system is totally different so most of the Youtube how to get started videos don't match up at all.

1 hour ago, PeterI said:

What's confusing is the US enform system is totally different so most of the Youtube how to get started videos don't match up at all.

Yes the infotainment systems on US Lexus vehicles is completely different to European ones.