Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My first "real" trip in the IS300h

I had my first proper outing in the 300h today - to RNOH Stanmore and back. Previous journeys had been limited to bringing her home from Leicester, a couple of trips to Stamford and Huntingdon and plenty of trips to the local supermarkets. I was keen to see what mpg I'd get on a long run (154 miles) so brimmed it before and after:

image.png.99a31482cbfe5a2f9f4bb14d56845cfd.png

Excel says it is actually 51.29mpg but I can live with that. I didn't drive too quickly - once it got to 49mpg I decided to engage "Granny Driving Mode" and see how high I could get it. I cursed the hills on the A1 which kept knocking .1 off. Next time I will drive in a manner more befitting my age and see what the figure goes down to.

• Like 2

I did Plymouth to Liverpool and back on Monday, myself and two adults, air con on all the way and in normal mode cruising at about 75, and was getting 53.9 on the computer, when I filled up and calculated it manually it was 50.5 which I was happy with

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jayw13702 said:

I did Plymouth to Liverpool and back on Monday, myself and two adults, air con on all the way and in normal mode cruising at about 75, and was getting 53.9 on the computer, when I filled up and calculated it manually it was 50.5 which I was happy with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That`a long way in one day---600 miles Jason ?

Can anyone beat 53.9mpg on the display?  (the "pictures or it didn't happen" rule will have to be invoked from now)

EDIT: my trip was myself and the wife, and air con on all the way, so you got better economy than me with an extra body in the car Jason!

That`a long way in one day---600 miles Jason ?

Yes, that’s a long one for me, 500 miles is quite common, Plymouth to London.

Everyone who travels in my IS alway say how comfy it is

When doing the Plymouth London I was seeing 57/58mpg last year, however with 155,000 miles on the clock now I think I’ve lost a bit of economy.

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Mincey said:

Can anyone beat 53.9mpg on the display?  (the "pictures or it didn't happen" rule will have to be invoked from now)

EDIT: my trip was myself and the wife, and air con on all the way, so you got better economy than me with an extra body in the car Jason!

This is about the best I have ever done

IMG_3356.thumb.jpeg.207ce6f317cae686a5128617c72438aa.jpeg

• Like 1