Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi guys

I hope someone might be able to share some light on this problem with this 2002 gs300 (I have done some searching to no avail)

My Battery keeps draining down after being sat for a few weeks, the alarm isn't going off (as in on if you know what I mean) I have changed the Battery for a shiny new one. 

Thanks for reading

14 minutes ago, IanA2 said:

I can reccomend the AA one sold on Amazon. Plugs into the ODB port.

I didn't know you could get one that plugs into the OBD port, nice one, I'll have to invest myself!

• 1 month later...

Hi

A car sitting for 2-3 weeks can drain a Battery.  The problem can lie in the Battery, the alternator (thing that charges the Battery when the engine runs) or in the car's electricals (parasitic drain).  A modern car does draw on the Battery in the normal course of operations - sometimes this draw is large due to an electrical fault (not fun to diagnose)

If this is an ongoing issue, it might make sense to get a multimeter so you can measure the amps / draw on the engine in different situations.

A quick google will give you some good generic videos on how to diagnose

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

Had a similar situation myself, If i was not going to use the car for a few weeks i would lock the car with the key which would not activate the alarm. I only used the remote central locking when i locking for a few hours.

Seemed to fix the Battery drain issue I had.

For me it was replacing the Battery (got Bosch from amazon for £90), and alternator + alternator belt. Left the car for 2 months and started first thing. I even left the boot open recently with the boot light on whole night, and it started without any issues next day. 2001 GS300 with 160.000 miles