Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just spotted this one, up at £5600.00 at the moment and reserve not met.

Mot checks out with just one failure years ago for a dodgy tyre.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1998-Lexus-LS400-with-DHP-in-Silver-Genuine-30-718-miles-from-new/174304461613?hash=item28955b032d:g:81cAAOSwURNe1qDZ

• Like 1

looks just like mine  in terms of condition will be interesting to see what the final sale price is but its already at 2k over what I paid for mine and shows these mark 4s with low mileage are attracting a premium price.

I've been discussing this car with another forum member, it does look amazing and 30k miles.............still like new. The car is close to were I work and was going to go and have a look. I was bidding on it but it went out of my price range, I wasn't surprised though, so won't be looking now.

From the description it would appear it was bought as an investment which seems to be paying off now. I paid £3750.00 for mine with 38,000 miles nearly 15 years ago. Love to know what he paid for it and where it came from.

1 hour ago, steve2006 said:

From the description it would appear it was bought as an investment which seems to be paying off now. I paid £3750.00 for mine with 38,000 miles nearly 15 years ago. Love to know what he paid for it and where it came from.

Just shows how the price tumbled on these then sky rocketed mine was £3750 7 years ago with 19000 0n the clock and it looks just like the one on eBay,I did not buy it as an investment but it could well be one now.

but wouldn't one be afraid to actually use it  ?

having a car for special occasions is fine but these Ls400s are best used and enjoyed to the full methinks

car " investments " rarely pay-off unless you're very very lucky ........  years and years of road tax and insurance and servicing and then not to get the pleaure and joy from using it everyday :wink3:

Malc

1 minute ago, Malc said:

having a car for special occasions is fine but these Ls400s are best used and enjoyed to the full methinks

car " investments " rarely pay-off unless you're very very lucky ........  years and years of road tax and insurance and servicing and then not to get the pleaure and joy from using it everyday :wink3:

Malc

It depends on usage I have a limited driving requirement these days and only ever got into this Marque because I was doing a lot of Motorway stuff back in the 90s 500 mile round trip every weekend to my yacht in Scotland for six years. 

I bought the Mark 4 knowing I would only be doing 6k  a year tops as the yachting became history but I had fallen in love with these cars and I could'nt see anything that surpassed them ,I only use it lightly now but I have put more miles on it as the first two owners did in 13 years so it is getting used as a runabout with  a couple of motorway splurges to Devon when we can.

I think use is down to the individual and I go out on my bike for errands as nipping here and there is not good for the engine.

Where you park and areas you would not leave the car unattended need careful consideration but generally these are highly respected motors and turn heads of knowledgeable folk.

But the ultimate pleasure of owning them is the sheer pleasure they give when being driven the rest is just a bonus.

• Like 1

I agree it looks really nice but 30k miles.. that would make me nervous. 30k miles over 22 years is less than 1500 miles/year. It probably spent a fair few of those stored but I'd want to make sure it had been stored well.

I think on balance I'd much prefer to buy one with 200k on the clock that had been taken care of and driven a lot. Would pay a lot less for it and the engine would still have hundreds of thousands of miles left in it, and I wouldn't have to worry about it being sat for a long time with old fluids in it.

Lovely to look at though.

This car has been offered on eBay before (twice I think) with a buy it now of £15000

This gives people some idea of what the seller has in mind

I must add it looks like a gem and chances of this sort of car coming along are zilch

18 hours ago, Malc said:

Malc

I agree, but I think the type of individual interested in paying the type of figure required, probably gets his pleasure showboating and sitting in a car show somewhere. Remember you are talking history and nostalgia, and for quite a few people with money and time that is their life. For you, I and many more the joy is in the driving, but glad we are all not the same.

• Like 1

Well the car is now over £7K with 4 days still to go, however being fleabay there is always a good chance it will be relisted when the winning bidder defaults.

Other new offerings include a white series III described as “the cleanest I’ve ever seen” but appears to have never met a vacuum cleaner given the boot and front footwell. The tool box has obviously walked off in disgust too.

A series IV DHP with “slight lacquer peel” requiring a full bonnet respray, alloys wheels that “need balancing” and a complete refurb. 

The fact that the wheels haven’t been balanced indicates to me either the present owner doesn’t care much for maintainance, the front suspension needs some serious work or the tyres are shot.

Little wonder I prefer JDM imports.