Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Jesse C IS250 UK Build

ypkx

Hi all 

I am VERY late to join this owners club. I've owned my Lexus for 6 years now I think (lost count), I own an IS250 Advance 2011, among other cars, and purists might not want to click the link below- 

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/build-threads/790855-jesse-c-is250-uk-build-4.html#post10818393

In all seriousness, I don't know why I hadn't joined these forums - I guess the IS250 market wasn't really up to scratch in the UK when I was building mine so Club Lexus seemed to be a good choice since it originates from the US. 

I'm not prepared to duplicate my build thread so I'll be updating the above link, if you're interested subscribe! But here's how it looked in 2018 -

46675946_10217541930168187_8601961750264

Welcome Jesse,

I am not going to lie, your IS250 is a 'challenge' to look at :smile:

Also, I don't think I have heard of anyone putting a BMW engine in a Lexus before?

On 6/5/2020 at 1:24 AM, Shahpor said:

Welcome Jesse,

I am not going to lie, your IS250 is a 'challenge' to look at :smile:

Also, I don't think I have heard of anyone putting a BMW engine in a Lexus before?

Hi! 

We're from different worlds buddy, I don't judge you by your opinion and taste 🙂

No, it is a bit unheard of especially a new age Lexus. These types of swaps are common in Europe with other ranges of Toyotas and Lexus'

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Hi guys
Been a minute.

Latest update is quite simply - I got into a bad relationship which held back the build for 9 months. This month, after over a year since we last touched the car - We made progress.

To date - We now have boost control, turbo oil feed and drain, oil cooler and PMC oil cooler cap, twin fan setup.
I am now running ECUMASTER EMU BLACK with an EN Motorsport PNP adapter specific for the OEM BMW M54 loom - I spent some hours making the loom bearable to work with and 3d printed a case for the PNP unit because 'who develops a pnp unit with no protection?'.

We have now hit a hiccup - We cannot seem to calibrate DBW with the ECUMASTER EMU pat.gif, tried speaking with both UK and NL branches with no luck as of this week! Any ECUMASTER veterans on this board?

20220620_165008~2.jpg

20220624_140800.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Jesse. WOW with what you've doing to your is250. You wasn't being judged by Shahpor in anyway at all, he just gave an opinion. But you are right buddy, you are Indeed from a different world. 

This is however a very interesting thread. Mating a six pot beemer engine in the IS seems weird but you've stated you are a beemer man. Personally I'd have put the Toyota six pot (I forget it's designation) as its oh so much a better engine. 

I hope you do something about those goddam awful joins where kit joins body. Fill the gaps to make it look smooth coz at the minute it looks naff sorry to say.

Look forward to next episode. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 7/3/2022 at 10:23 AM, Mr Vlad said:

Hi Jesse. WOW with what you've doing to your is250. You wasn't being judged by Shahpor in anyway at all, he just gave an opinion. But you are right buddy, you are Indeed from a different world. 

This is however a very interesting thread. Mating a six pot beemer engine in the IS seems weird but you've stated you are a beemer man. Personally I'd have put the Toyota six pot (I forget it's designation) as its oh so much a better engine. 

I hope you do something about those goddam awful joins where kit joins body. Fill the gaps to make it look smooth coz at the minute it looks naff sorry to say.

Look forward to next episode. 

There is absolutely no bad blood here boys! 

Appreciate all the comments and opinions. 

Back again, with other commitments in the way this has been a slow process. 

Engine starts and runs off the Lexus push button, so now its really just tidying up both BMW and Lexus harnesses and the final touches such as RPM and MPH while finishing the cooling system. 

IF anyone is reading this and is currently rebuilding a 4GR-FSE, I would love for you to send me photos of the trigger wheel! Googling is a complete hit and miss. 

Really good progress there Jesse. You've done one helluva conversion. I tip my cap to you. I hope you get the 'niggles' you're going through sorted. Looking forward to the next episode.