Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fuel consumption

Hi all, I own a 2016 Lexus is200t fsport which I purchased in december, when I first bought the car I noticed that the fuel economy seemed to be pretty good managing to get between 380-400 miles to the tank, however since around March the fuel economy has gone down to around 300-300 mile to the tank I no that having air con will decrease the fuel economy by roughly 10% but I am unsure as to why the fuel economy has dropped by this much, does this fuel economy seem right for this car? Also are there any common issues that could cause this?

Hi @Steve vialls there are lots of possible causes, it could be as simple as low tyre pressures or your driving style. With the lockdown going on most people aren't driving as much, town mileage won't be as good as motorway mileage. Could also be bad sensors, bad MAF, bad injectors.. an endless list.

If you have access to a scan tool it may be worth scanning the car to see if there are any error codes stored in the computer.

Hi @m4rkw to be honest I haven’t checked my tyre pressures yet I have been meaning to though, I have been doing abit more town driving so is probably a mixture of reasons, I have got an obd reader so I shall check, I was just wondering as to whether there are common problems causing this and what sort of fuel economy others with is200t’s were getting out of theirs, I no that the fsport also makes a difference over a standard is, thanks for the reply