Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi 

I'm thinking about getting a toyota mark x, it's a 2007 with 60000km, so that's around 30000 miles. I know the engine is an is250, but what about things like brake pads, discs, controls arms etc, would they be the same as the is250 too?

Thanks 

Just now, madasahatter said:

Good choice i like the look myself. If you check on ebay parts like brakes etc, seem to be the same . Body panels would be the biggest problem.

Thank you. 

1 minute ago, LexIS200Sport said:

Good choice 🙂

Parts shouldn't be an issue these days with the likes of Amayama and BeForward or even eBay.

Places like Nippon Auto Spares in Derby and Jap Spares Coventry also stock JDM parts and can import parts to order.

Thanks alot for the info

12 minutes ago, steve2006 said:

If it’s a “ fresh import” why was the MOT done on 26/01/2020?

Its a trader, and traders normally always lie just to sell a car, well most traders do anyway, thats why I never buy from a trader, I just don't trust them. 

Another thing is, it's a London car, and most cars in London are almost always all battered 

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Looks like a Camry to me. Very nice.

I think it's the rarity that I like, which is probably why I get a kick out of owning a Celsior!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, royoftherovers said:

Looks like a Camry to me. Very nice.

Based on the IS250, same V6 engine I think.

What starts off as a 28,000Km £900.00 car in Japan becomes a £3200.00 car landed here in the UK, add in the 10% import duty so £3520.00 then VAT at 20% on the total £4260.00.

Let’s add in another £500.00 for UK port fees, registration, rear fog light fitting and call it £4760.00 on the road.

So we have a 17,500 mile 2007 model for £3240.00 less than the dealer offering at £8000.00.....nice profit margin there.

Here’s the link, you could almost eat your dinner off the underside.

https://carfromjapan.com/cheap-used-toyota-mark-x-2007-for-sale-5ec46c4dbd7dfd7e9fe10f9f

F64E3555-01A8-40F0-B7DD-8648C203895F.png

• Like 3

I've driven imports for a long time, as Ganesh states the parts supply is quite good from Toyota and there are a few other sources you can use too.  The underpinnings are usually shared with other models but body panels and trim can be tricky to source.  Make sure you have a good look round it as anything that's broken could take a while to obtain.  I faced the same predicament with my Caldina but so far everything (bar a tensioner) has been 100% fine. 

I'm not familiar with the Mark X unfortunately, there's not many on these shores.  Seen a few of the earlier Chasers and they are a very comfortable cruiser.  

Besides, it's nice to drive something a bit left-field, life is too short for boring cars!

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Jaystar77 said:

Dammit Steve - now I'm browsing Japanese motors again 🤣

That link will keep me entertained for hours!

Same here mate, just looking through the Celsior offerings.

One on there with 16,000 kim’s (10,000 miles) and another like mine (1994 ) up for just over £8000.00 with 30,000 miles shipped to Bristol. with 10% duty, 20% VAT, documentation, registration etc you are looking well over £10,000.

When I bought mine in 2006 it had 62,000 km (38,000 miles) already in the UK  on the road for £3750.00.

I may have to increase my “agreed value” the next time I renew the insurance.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jaystar77 said:

I've driven imports for a long time, as Ganesh states the parts supply is quite good from Toyota and there are a few other sources you can use too.  The underpinnings are usually shared with other models but body panels and trim can be tricky to source.  Make sure you have a good look round it as anything that's broken could take a while to obtain.  I faced the same predicament with my Caldina but so far everything (bar a tensioner) has been 100% fine. 

I'm not familiar with the Mark X unfortunately, there's not many on these shores.  Seen a few of the earlier Chasers and they are a very comfortable cruiser.  

Besides, it's nice to drive something a bit left-field, life is too short for boring cars!

Similar experience myself with the Celsior.

When I first bought it I wanted some new calliper slide pins because as we know these are not a “service item” and therefore don’t get checked and lubed.

I went to my local Toyota dealer to order some and after the now usual “ Toyota what” was told, as the car was an import, there was a 15% parts surcharge. You soon learn that 95% of the car uses the very same Lexus parts so I then ordered on the LS400 part numbers and still get my 10% LOC discount, plush seating area, free quality refreshments and a chance to sit in the latest offerings from Lexus.

I have over the years collected spare sets of the different, hard to obtain, and more likely to get damaged parts like rear light clusters, door mirrors and bumpers should the worst ever happen. I have also just acquired a spare instrument cluster with a reman lifetime warranty which I swopped with someone who wanted the earlier 1990-1992 version for his.

I’ve recently read that the rear springs are non longer available but fortunately got mine before they ran out, the only part I could not obtain recently was a windscreen washer valve but I made one to suit.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, markeyszoo said:

what is the bar on nearside front bumper?

If you mean the one that sticks up it’s called a “Fender Pole” It’s like a mini aerial that you extend to assist you pulling out of parking spaces so you have a better indication of where the corner of the car is in relation to the rear bumper of the Ferrari in front of you.

Well I bought the mark x, it's totally different from the lexus cars I've had before, to be honest, it's nice car, I've had one person ask what it was so far, I think there's more of that to come 

Screenshot_20200608-190701.png

• Like 1

8 hours ago, messi said:

Well I bought the mark x, it's totally different from the lexus cars I've had before, to be honest, it's nice car, I've had one person ask what it was so far, I think there's more of that to come 

Screenshot_20200608-190701.png

Congratulations Qamar--she looks wonderful, but why oh why did you drive it into a tree !!!!

On 6/6/2020 at 12:53 PM, steve2006 said:

If you mean the one that sticks up it’s called a “Fender Pole” It’s like a mini aerial that you extend to assist you pulling out of parking spaces so you have a better indication of where the corner of the car is in relation to the rear bumper of the Ferrari in front of you.

Is that a diplomatic flag pole :)