Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

wheels and workshop manuals gs450h

49 minutes ago, crow1342 said:

hi just to let everyone know I have listed a couple of wheels and bits on ebay ,and also a set of 4 original workshop manuals you will need to search ebay as I don't know how to put a link on

Hi Collin. I will be bidding on these anyway, but can you tell me if there is a wiring diagram section in these? Also have you any parts other than those advertised. I am looking for the radar distance control  unit  88210-30080, and the steering wheel switch for the distance control. Thanks.

John.

6 minutes ago, Britprius said:

Hi Collin. I will be bidding on these anyway, but can you tell me if there is a wiring diagram section in these? Thanks.

John.

I have the 5 volume set of these . The CAN Bus section is there(V5) but I dont see a separate wiring diagram section . 

5 minutes ago, nicnac said:

I have the 5 volume set of these . The CAN Bus section is there(V5) but I dont see a separate wiring diagram section . 

Thanks. I edited my post to add some items I am looking for to see if anyone could help.

John.

25 minutes ago, Britprius said:

Thanks. I edited my post to add some items I am looking for to see if anyone could help.

John.

Radar Cruise Control is in VOL 4

No .Thats not how these manuals work . They show a system diagram and then proceed to tell you how to fault find . Quite comprehensive . but a traditional wiring pin out diagram No. they take each system check and go through the diagnostic checks in turn . Its quite a complicated system depending on many peramaters . Its the first time Ive looked through them in 10 years . I sold my GS450h in 2011 and moved away from Lexus as they introduced that horrid "BATMAN" styling in 2012 with the "GAPING MOUTH "I think the prat who designed them ten went to Honda Civic for their boy racer styling . !!😈

Again Nick thanks for your reply.
I am in the process of retro fitting radar distance control to my GS450H. The distance control ECU is under the dash is pre- wired "and now fitted" as is the distance set switch wiring in the steering wheel, but the switch is not fitted. The radar distance unit in front of the rads does not appear to be pre-wired. I know it only has five wires going to it two of which will be the 12 volt supply leaving only three wires to connect to the body ECU in the engine compartment by the side of the fuse box. Two of these wires are probably CAN bus wires, and the third possibly an enable?
I am a retired electronics engineer so connecting this sort of thing does not phase me, but a pin to pin diagram for this unit would be very helpful. I have the setup procedure for aligning the radar unit, and the enabling method for the actual ECU. I also have Techstream to follow any fault codes.

John.

19 minutes ago, Britprius said:

Again Nick thanks for your reply.
I am in the process of retro fitting radar distance control to my GS450H. The distance control ECU is under the dash is pre- wired "and now fitted" as is the distance set switch wiring in the steering wheel, but the switch is not fitted. The radar distance unit in front of the rads does not appear to be pre-wired. I know it only has five wires going to it two of which will be the 12 volt supply leaving only three wires to connect to the body ECU in the engine compartment by the side of the fuse box. Two of these wires are probably CAN bus wires, and the third possibly an enable?
I am a retired electronics engineer so connecting this sort of thing does not phase me, but a pin to pin diagram for this unit would be very helpful. I have the setup procedure for aligning the radar unit, and the enabling method for the actual ECU. I also have Techstream to follow any fault codes.

John.

Retired Aircraft Engineer here who then Started my Electronic Repair Business for 20 odd years. i too have mongoose and TS.There may be a volume on actual wiring diagrams but not in these volumes . There is however a comprehensive  Diagnostic and Schematics in VOL 4.I dont suppose they expect someone to try and retrofit this as it was factory only fit . I wish you luck . The schematics will allow you to figure it out if you are an "ace of the base"

14 minutes ago, nicnac said:

Retired Aircraft Engineer here who then Started my Electronic Repair Business for 20 odd years. i too have mongoose and TS.There may be a volume on actual wiring diagrams but not in these volumes . There is however a comprehensive  Diagnostic and Schematics in VOL 4.I dont suppose they expect someone to try and retrofit this as it was factory only fit . I wish you luck . The schematics will allow you to figure it out if you are an "ace of the base"

I will keep you informed as to how I get on with this little project, and of course if I am successful I will do a write up on the forum  on how to.
Thanks again for your incite to the manuals, and as Collin has volume 4 it may give me useful information.

John.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, crow1342 said:

sorry john only the parts advertised the manuals are volumes 1 to 4 think the wiring 1 is volume 5 

Thanks for the reply. I will bid on the books anyway. I hope the reserve is not to high.

John.

5 minutes ago, crow1342 said:

have put a £50 reserve on them I think I paid around £120+postage

Thats about right .......... Vol 5 is not the wiring diagrams ........i have it Its a continuation from park assist monitoring in the index .PM to IR category.Theyed be a bargain at £50

What size are the wheels please. I have a 55 reg GS300 so need to know if they'll fit.  Reserve price on them please?.  Thanks

I have put a reserve of 50 pound on the wheels with the pollen filter and other bits they are a 18 inch wheel not sure if they will fit gs300 but am sure someone on here will tell you

On 6/7/2020 at 3:46 PM, Mihanicos said:

Hi,

I attach here the circuit diagram for the radar distance control of the cruise control.

I hope it can be useful.

Chris

Radar Cruise Control.pdf 139.2 kB · 12 downloads

Thanks Chris that's just what I was looking for.
I have bought for £20 and fitted the distance control ECU (L13) to the existing wiring, and mounting bracket under the dash. I have yet to source a millimeter radar distance sensor (B8) to fit at the front of the car. The wires for this do not seem to be ready installed "I have to look deeper", but there are only 5 in total. A ground wire, a signal ground to the hybrid ECU (A55), an ignition Battery feed, and two more that go to the distance ECU (L13).
I know I will also need the Lexus logo badge for radar for the front grill, and fit a micro switch to the steering wheel to set the distance. The single wire needed for this is already there plus ground.

That complete wiring diagram was available on line from Russia until early this year when it was removed. I would have copied it to a CD had I known it was going to vanish.

John.

On 6/6/2020 at 2:44 PM, Britprius said:

I am in the process of retro fitting radar distance control to my GS450H.

Now I'm interested! I've been thinking the same but had no time yet to start investigating the topic... I hope you will be posting your progress for us 😉

And thanx Chris for the wiring diagram!

BR.Sami

On 6/9/2020 at 7:48 AM, LexIS200Sport said:

Also interested to know how you are planning on testing it  😉

If I manage to get it up, and running I will post the details. I have just bought a radar unit for the front of the car from eBay. I made a cheeky offer of £45, and the seller accepted it.

I have the full instructions for aligning the radar unit, but may try using a lazer system I have to align it for both height, and centre axis. This will then not need an empty large carpark to align the radar unit.

If anyone can help I need to know the location of wiring connector plug, and sockets BA2, and LA2. These plug, and sockets join different sections of the wiring loom.

John.

41 minutes ago, Britprius said:

I have just bought a radar unit for the front of the car from Ebay. I made a cheeky offer of £45, and the seller accepted it.

Nice one - will be interesting to watch this progress for sure. Have you also procured the specific ACC front grille?

41 minutes ago, Britprius said:

If anyone can help I need to know the location of wiring connector plug, and sockets BA2, and LA2. These plug, and sockets join different sections of the wiring loom.

My car has ACC so happy to take photos/video of what you need, if that helps.

I think you should consider starting a build thread for this, John  🙂👍

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links