Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

wheels and workshop manuals gs450h

7 minutes ago, LexIS200Sport said:

Nice one - will be interesting to watch this progress for sure. Have you also procured the specific ACC front grille?

My car has ACC so happy to take photos/video of what you need, if that helps.

I think you should consider starting a build thread for this, John  🙂👍

I will do a thread on this as soon as I get it working. The annoying thing is I did have access to the complete wiring diagram on the net with all the connector details, and locations, but it has now been removed making life difficult.

I am not planning on changing the front grill, but just cutting a hole to suit the new Lexus logo badge suitable for the radar to pass through. These badges seem very expensive even SH they are around £100. This is more than I paid for all the other electronic components. 

Thanks for your offer of video help. It is appreciated. I think I have the electrics sorted when I can find where the connectors are. I am also awaiting delivery of the radar unit.

John.

Hi John,

I tried a few times to up load the files showing all the details but it does not seem possible.

The connector BA2 is in the  engine bay, Gray wire.
The connector LA2 is in the Instrument panel, white wire.

I hope this is of some help.

Chris.

Edited by Mihanicos
Files were uploaded but were illegible.

18 minutes ago, Mihanicos said:
Hi John,

Attached are the locations of the connectors you want. 

Chris.

Lexus TechDoc 2.htmlUnavailable Lexus TechDoc.htmlUnavailable

Hi Chris. Thanks for coming to the rescue, but I cannot open the files. The other files you sent me were no problem, but if you look at the files at the bottom of the screen they say unavailable.

John.

27 minutes ago, Mihanicos said:
Hi John,

I tried a few times to up load the files showing all the details but it does not seem possible.

The connector BA2 is in the  engine bay, Gray wire.
The connector LA2 is in the Instrument panel, white wire.

I hope this is of some help.

Chris.

LA2 is a connector with 3 wires in it, and BA2 is a connector with 5 wires in it. If you look at the circuit the wires come from the radar sensor to BA2 two of the wires split off at this connector, and 3 carry on to LA2, and then on to the distance control ECU.
I have the wires plugged into the distance ECU "ready wired" but they then go to LA2 then BA2 then the radar unit, but I have no wires at the radar unit so I need to trace back to find BA2.

I hope that makes sense.

The first files you sent "the diagram" were PDF, and I had no problem with those.

Thanks John.

Hi John,

I apologise for my incompedence. The files I tried to upload showed the connectors with all their pins. As far as their location is what I posted. It also gave the connector part number and a list of all the circuits used by these connectors.

1 minute ago, Mihanicos said:

Hi John,

I apologise for my incompedence. The files I tried to upload showed the connectors with all their pins. As far as their location is what I posted. It also gave the connector part number and a list of all the circuits used by these connectors.

No apologies required. You are trying to help me for which I am very great-full. If I can find connector BA2 it should have all the connections I need to extend them on to the radar unit.

John.

Name Engine Room No.2 Wire and Engine Room Main Wire (Inside of the Engine Room R/B No.1 and Engine Room J/B No.1)
Code BA2
Part Number 90980-11915/90980-11926
Color Gray
Spec  

9098011915_9098011926.png

Thanks Chris, but I still cannot open the HTML files or the PNG for some reason. However the other information will help considerably when I can get out to look as it's raining heavily here at the moment.

John. 

What is missing from the last posts is the diagram of the connectors, one for lhd and another for rhd.

The  png file are the connectors.

I will make another attempt tomorrow.

Chris.

Hi John,

I managed to find a way to get the information here.

I had to print and then scan to my laptop.

Here below there are two pdf files, one for BA2 and another for LA2 connector locations. If I can be of any further help, just say the word.

Chris

Scan0001.pdf Scan0002.pdf

6 hours ago, Mihanicos said:

Hi John,

I managed to find a way to get the information here.

I had to print and then scan to my laptop.

Here below there are two pdf files, one for BA2 and another for LA2 connector locations. If I can be of any further help, just say the word.

Chris

Scan0001.pdf 222.93 kB · 6 downloads Scan0002.pdf 261.12 kB · 4 downloads

Chris that is a great help, and just what I was looking for. If it is not to much trouble, and if the information is available is there a diagram of where in the engine bay BA2 connector is located. I rely think I am getting somewhere with this. Now awaiting delivery of millimeter radar distance control unit.

John.

12 minutes ago, Mihanicos said:

Hi John,

Attached here is the location of the connector BA2 .

kindest regards,

Chris

EngineR-WG.pdf 176.89 kB · 0 downloads

Chris you are a star. All I should need to do is run 5 wires from the front radar unit to that connector (BA2) to terminal numbers :-  1,2,4,5,6. This should complete the wiring under the bonnet.

Thanks again, and I will let you know how things progress once the radar unit arrives. I will then do a post on how to retro fit ACC.
My apologies to member Collin (crow1342) for unintentionally hijacking his post.

John. 

Hi John,

I am  very happy that you will be able to finish your project with my very small contribution.

My knowledge is very limited and is nothing compared to yours. I always learn from your posts and from other learned members.

Kindest regards 

Chris.