Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Does anyone else's dashboard fart at them for 20 seconds on start up??

can't tell where the sounds is coming from. If under the bonnet then possibly the brake booster pump. If inside then it may be an air diverter motor stuck/noisy. Turn on the heating system and change the airflow from windscreen to feet etc to see if it happens again.

It goes higher pitched when the vehicle gets into 'Ready' mode and the 12v is supplied by the hybrid system and not the 12v aux Battery (which may be low on charge) so more power is getting to whatever is making the noise.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, ColinBarber said:

can't tell where the sounds is coming from. If under the bonnet then possibly the brake booster pump. If inside then it may be an air diverter motor stuck/noisy. Turn on the heating system and change the airflow from windscreen to feet etc to see if it happens again.

It goes higher pitched when the vehicle gets into 'Ready' mode and the 12v is supplied by the hybrid system and not the 12v aux battery (which may be low on charge) so more power is getting to whatever is making the noise.

Thanks Colin. It's definitely coming from behind the dashboard, not the engine bay. It's so peculiar. 

I'm hoping to get an OBD scanner on it in the next few days. Just seems a strange thing to be happening?? Always goes off after 20 seconds

At 12 years old and 153800 odd miles I'm not sure warranty comes into it! 

The car is great, everything still works and I don't mind fixing things, I'm sure she'll give another 50000 or even 100000 miles service without problem. The buzz is annoying, it's like an alarm more than a mechanical or electrical sound? It is as you hear it on the video and it's coming from the dash?? No lights illuminate, as you can see

11 minutes ago, Davey Blueeyes said:

At 12 years old and 153800 odd miles I'm not sure warranty comes into it! 

The car is great, everything still works and I don't mind fixing things, I'm sure she'll give another 50000 or even 100000 miles service without problem. The buzz is annoying, it's like an alarm more than a mechanical or electrical sound? It is as you hear it on the video and it's coming from the dash?? No lights illuminate, as you can see

Sorry, Davey, I saw year of lexus 2019 beside your name.

• Like 1

Just for anyone down the line reading this with the same problem, the issue seems to be a climate servo. Having had a good play around with it it does it when you select an air option that involves your face (I'm not taking this personally!). When the air con automatically adjusts the flow to just face vents or foot and face vents it does it. Foot vents only are fine and do not do it.

It's going in tomorrow for a thorough investigation although I'm not sure how much work it would be to replace.

Is it coming from the steering column? Does it make the noise if you try and adjust the steering wheel manually?

Could be the steering wheel adjustment motor trying to move the steering wheel in/out with worn gears. 

4 minutes ago, Delphius1 said:

Is it coming from the steering column? Does it make the noise if you try and adjust the steering wheel manually?

Could be the steering wheel adjustment motor trying to move the steering wheel in/out with worn gears. 

Thanks but it's deffo the climate control. it stops on start up but when the air flow is directed to face and feet it does it again intermittantly.

Mine does a similar thing when the ignition is turned on albeit a lot quieter and as you suggest it is the servo flaps moving position for the climate control settings. I’m wondering if someone has replaced the cabin filter in the past without first setting the climate control in the correct mode ( recirculate?) then yanked the filter out and damaged the servo flap which has happened on other models in the past.

13 hours ago, steve2006 said:

Mine does a similar thing when the ignition is turned on albeit a lot quieter and as you suggest it is the servo flaps moving position for the climate control settings. I’m wondering if someone has replaced the cabin filter in the past without first setting the climate control in the correct mode ( recirculate?) then yanked the filter out and damaged the servo flap which has happened on other models in the past.

Yes, I've heard of this. It's deffo the servo flaps so will try to find a reasonable replacement. I'm not sure how much work it is to change, hopefully not a dash out job!

David,

I've not exactly the same problem, and it doesn't occur as reliably as yours, but there are some similarities..

I s'pose the best place to start is with a question . . .

Do you give your car garlic bread?

The reason for asking is, I hope, fairly obvious.

For a fair portion of garlic bread will cause (what I like to refer to as ) anal burps.

At least, that is most certainly my experience with my nearest and dearest (my wife, Josi - not the car- Lancelot!)

For after a decent Mediterranean meal, with plenty of garlic bread, she gets in the car and, well - - you get the picture

Hope this may have some relevance with your quest for clues

• Haha 1