Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrading Audio

Mr E-wan

Hi Everyone,

Recently bought a CT200h (14 plate) love it apart from the audio system/speakers, so looking to upgrade.

Seems like it is a pain, anyone else upgrade audio. Nothing major, just want better speakers and maybe a better interface than the cd player type unit thats currently in it.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

here is the wiring diagram for the 6 speaker audio system

you will notice there is a condensor in the system this

is acting as a filter so the 2 dash speakers will only ever

be used for tweeters unless you run another set of cables.

6 speaker audio wiring diagram.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Yep 

I just got 2016 sport and the sound is terrible - though that diagram is interesting and good information really. 

I’m not after trying to do it myself - opening all the panels seems too big a job for me. 
Isn’t there a outfit you can just take the car to for them to upgrade the speakers the stereo and the infotainment system (apple play)  ??

The CT is not a big car so 6 loudspeakers are sufficient if they are good. If you want a heavy bass you need a subwoofer as well.

Get a decent pro audio installation garage to find the input to the original amplifier and feed a new better/stronger one. They will know if better wiring is needed to the speakers as some car companies use very thin wiring. We have the ML audio and the wiring there is good, but do not know if Lexus use the same wires in the standard audio.

Installing Android or apple car play is as far as I know not succeeded any on the forum with satisfying result.