Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Nano Magic

Has anyone tried the nano magic impregnated cloth for removing scuffs and light scratches ?  Do they actually work ?  I have some light scratches from (country) roadside vegetation and fingernails behind the door handle.  Seems too good to be true. 

I’ve not seen it in person but I’m guessing that it’s a cloth that has some kind of polish in it that has “filler” qualities.

To be honest you would be better off washing and polishing the car with Autoglym super resin polish, it will do the same thing but lasts and gives a nice shine as well

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

After spending nearly 5hrs polishing with autoglym super resin polish on Sunday, I was not impressed with the results and I wish id used something better (possibly abit more expensive.) 

I’m surprised by that, I’ve used it for over 30 years now and it’s always been a good product, it’s one of my go to filler polishes.

Most expensive isn’t always better, I’ve paid out a lot in the past for products that claim to be better and they lack durability or finish.

Maybe you had a bad bottle, who knows

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Jayw13702 said:

I’m surprised by that, I’ve used it for over 30 years now and it’s always been a good product, it’s one of my go to filler polishes.

Most expensive isn’t always better, I’ve paid out a lot in the past for products that claim to be better and they lack durability or finish.

Maybe you had a bad bottle, who knows

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The scratches are still there. The good paint looks good and overall better. I hope the finish lasts. I should have used a compound 1st or more abrasive pads. The saving grace is that as you say- the finish lasts well. I worked for yrs as a finisher in the BMW MIni paint shop.

11 hours ago, rich1068 said:

5 hours? How many cars did you do? :ohmy:

That did include cycling to get car shampoo haha hosed down, then 2 bucket and mitts method wash, microfiber dry and 30min wait, machine  polished and buffed every panel and door sills with AG super resin polish. waxed with AG extra gloss protection microfiber then machine buffed, then glass cleaner windows n mirrors.

Rained alot 2hrs later. photo of results /beeding attached:

IMG_20200607_150234.jpg

• Like 2

That did include cycling to get car shampoo haha hosed down, then 2 bucket and mitts method wash, microfiber dry and 30min wait, machine  polished and buffed every panel and door sills with AG super resin polish. Waxed with AG extra gloss protection microfiber then machine buffed, then glass cleaner windows n mirrors.

Rained alot 2hrs later. photo of results /beeding attached:

IMG_20200607_150234.thumb.jpg.a98ea5367a1a087d26cbcff35dbebcb1.jpg

Compounding with SRP will not remove the paint imperfections, that’s why many amateur detainees only use it as a finishing polish and not a compound.

If you want to remove the scratches permanently with a machine then something like megs m105/205 or scholl S20 would be more effective

1 hour ago, Jayw13702 said:

Compounding with SRP will not remove the paint imperfections, that’s why many amateur detainees only use it as a finishing polish and not a compound.

If you want to remove the scratches permanently with a machine then something like megs m105/205 or scholl S20 would be more effective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

My polishing serves as an exercise for me to learn all the imperfections. (Credit is due for the AG wax, it did return results with little effort.) In 3 months I will for example know to clay- bar the front bumper and compound the rear bumper. Those pesky 'detainees' ..I knew what u ment hehe

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links