Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Caliper tidy up!!

I've had my F-Sport for nearly 18 months now and I've always been irritated by the look of the calipers, it just spoiled the whole look of the car!!

So, the first week of lockdown I shut myself away in my workshop and sorted the mess out......

I'm pleased with the result 😍

Lee,

20200420_132011.jpg

20200421_104448.jpg

20200421_111626.jpg

20200421_111643.jpg

• Like 3

I bought a proper brake caliper paint, brush on in matt finish. I would guess it is a higher temperature paint,

Labels from a guy on eBay then coated the whole lot in 4 coats of high temperature clear laquer.

Also, preperation is key.

Disk off, carrier removed from the hub, pads all removed then the whole lot was cleaned with a wire brush on a drill then doused in plenty of brake cleaner!!

A total of nearly 2 days work to do all four start to finish.

I did mine about 2 years ago now, I used silver smoothrite.

It’s not a hard job, just a bit grubby and tedious cleaning it all but it does look good when finished

Sent from my Iphone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I did the same with my old IS200. They lasted well for the 12 years I had the car, just a couple of small chips touched in when I caught the caliper removing the wheels.

They were red, I didn't fancy red this time having a red car. Mid Grey works well for me 😏